- Record numbers of adults gaining vocational qualifications. // Education (14637073);12/19/2008, Issue 338, p3
The article discusses research results from Great Britain's Office of National Statistics, which shows an increase in the number of adults gaining vocational qualification in the academic year 2007-2008. A total of 299,000 adults achieved a level two qualification, and 127,900 adults earned a...
- Vocational surge. // Training & Coaching Today;Jan2009, p5
The article reports on the increase in number of adults in Great Britain who are gaining vocational qualifications, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS). It claimed that 299,000 adults achieved a level 2 qualification in 2007-2008 compared to 72,800 in 2002-2003. The ONS also...
- Advance NVQs slow to take off. Littlefield, David // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p13
Reports the small number of people from Great Britain interested in studying for the advance level five of the national vocational qualifications (NVQ). Uncertainty of an advance level NVQ for accountants; Problem of testing knowledge in the NVQ.
- Promoting equality and diversity. // Credit Management;Mar2010, p39
The article offers information on the results of the National Employer Skills Survey by the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) regarding the significance of vocational qualifications in the retention and promotion of employees in Great Britain.
- Competence and the British national vocational qualifications framework. Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p56
Presents an abstract of the article `Competence and the British National Vocational Qualifications framework,' which appeared in the `British Journal of Education and Work.'
- Viewpoint... Transparency in skills system. Davis, Michael // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p9
The article presents the author's comments on skills and employment systems in Great Britain.
- SEMTA alarm as NVQs decline. // Process Engineering;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p50
The article reports that the number of National/Scottish Vocational Qualification (N/SVQ) registrations in Great Britain fell 2 percent in the third quarter of 2011 as compared to the third quarter in 2010.
- Accrediting unpaid work. Tiernan, Kathy // Adults Learning;Jan95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p150
Focuses on the issues concerning accreditation of unpaid work in Great Britain. Step in widening the definition of what unpaid work in the home can include; Voluntary qualifications; Reference to single element from the RSA Advanced Diploma in the Organisation of Community Groups; Cultural...
- CJ blog: Supervisors under scrutiny. Morby, Aaron // Contract Journal;9/9/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6735, p2
A blog on the initiative to inspect the qualifications of site supervisors working within the UK Constractors Group is presented.