HR chiefs back Labour Party on strike refusal
- Brown faces summer of discontent. // Personnel Today;6/26/2007, p2
The article focuses on the increasing pressure of labor unions on Gordon Brown, the new prime minister of Great Britain. It is reported that many local government workers are set to vote on a strike over pay. Delegates at Unison's conference have rejected a 2% pay and are demanding a minimum of...
- In place of strife. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;9/14/2007, p4
The article comments on Great Britain Prime Minister Gordon Brown's statement about pay discipline. In his speech at the annual conference of the Trades Union Congress, Brown said that pay discipline is essential. Trade union members voted for an all-out strike. Brown is aware that previous...
- T&G STRIKE WARNING. // Truck & Driver;Oct2002, p7
Focuses on the plan of the Transport and General Workers Union to conduct strikes. Indication on the pay deal; Details on the financial issues of drivers.
- Comprehending the Weakness of Russia's Unions. Crowley, Stephen // Demokratizatsiya;Spring2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p230
Examines the weakness of Russia's unions and the obstacles that prevent them from becoming a more active part of civil society. Weaknesses and strengths of the Federation of Independent Trade Unions of Russia; Numbers of workers involved in strikes from 1992-1999; Responses to surveys of public...
- Haymarket. Lens, Sidney // Progressive;Aug86, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p29
Focuses on the nationwide strike of the Federation of Organized Trades and Labor Unions. Federation's call for an eight-hour workday; Leaflets issued during the protest.
- HOW TO… take industrial action. // Community Care;10/6/2011, Issue 1879, p30
The article offers information on the industrial actions being considered by the social workers against pay and job cuts, including being protected from dismissal and victimization, and enshrining the right to strike.
- THIS WEEK IN LABOR & HISTORY. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;5/31/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 43, p4
The article presents information on the events related to the labor unions which happened in the previous years during May 28 to June 3 including formation of the Ladies Shoe Binders Society in New York in 1835, strike of the workers in Rochester, New York and formation of International Ladies...
- Illinois unionists join protest in Indiana. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;3/17/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 33, p10
The article focuses on the joining of about 40 members of the Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees (SOAR) from Illinois in the largest rally outside the Indiana state capitol building.
- Prasa union workers vote to strike. Montano, Agnes J. // Caribbean Business;8/12/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the strike vote approved by the union workers of the Puerto Rico Aqueduct & Sewer Authority (Prasa) to discuss the status of contract negotiations in July 1993. Approval of the vote at a general assembly called by the Independent and Authentic Union leadership; Charges made by the...