SYNTHETIC-VISION OPTIONS GROW
- L-3, Avidyne Headed For Court. // AVweb;11/29/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 48B, p8
The article reports that avionics specialists L-3 and Avidyne will do legal battle over the former's claim that the latter copied some of its technology in the Entegra glass cockpit system.
- Avidyne FSD to be offered in Mooneys, Trinidads, commanders. Goyer, Robert // Flying;Feb99, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p42
Reports that Avidyne's innovative Flight Situation Display (FSD) will be offered as optional equipment in the Mooney Bravo and Ovation, the Socata Trinidad TB 20 and TB 21TC, and Commander 114B and 114TC. Features of the FSD; How the FSD works; Utilities included in the system.
- Commercial avionics designers take interest in MIL-STD 1553 databus. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p48
The article reports that commercial avionics designers are interested in using MIL-STD 1553 databus in commercial aircraft cockpits in the U.S.
- All New High-Res FlightMax MFD. Goyer, Robert // Flying;Jun2002, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p44
Featuers the FlightMax multifunction display from Avidyne. Key features and specifications; Availability information; Price.
- New Piper's New Panel. Collins, Richard L. // Flying;Jun2004, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p86
Features the FlightMax Entegra glass cockpits by Avidyne Corp in Vero Beach, Florida. Design of Entegra glass cockpits; Use of micro-electronic mechanical sensors and air data information; Digital specification of the air navigation aids.
- AVIDYNE UPS THE ANTE. ANGLISANO, LARRY // IFR;Mar2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information on the new IFD-series navigators from Avidyne Corp. that promises to reduce the workload of pilots in the cockpit of an airplane. It informs that Avidyne's approach to making instrument flight rules (IFR) flying easier, with an advanced Flight Managemant System...
- Avidyne Does XM Weather and Charts. McClellan, J. Mac // Flying;Aug2005, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p9
Features the FlightMax EX500 map display device for airplane cockpits from Avidyne Corp. Capability of receiving weather information transmitted from a constellation of low orbit satellites; Use of Microsoft Windows NT operating system in the device; Amount of internal computer horsepower and...
- Electronic assistant keeps pilot `in the loop.' // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/13/96, Vol. 144 Issue 20, p47
Reports that German scientists are developing a so-called electronic cockpit assistant to help pilots. The Cockpit Assistant Military Aircraft (Cama); Advice in tight situations; Assistance when workload is high; The challenge in fully automated cockpits of keeping pilots involved; Important...
- Pilot scheme. HARRIS, STEPHEN // Engineer (00137758);9/5/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7823, p35
No abstract available.