What Exactly is an API?
- Swedish accent on system integration. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p14
Provides information on several system integration products from various security companies in Great Britain. Security systems from Bewator; Digital video recorder from Eventys; Proximity access readers and software from Granta.
- Avoiding DVR Security Video Headaches. // Government Video;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on tips and strategies for collecting video from private source. When recorded video is more important than real-time surveillance, the recorded resolution and display resolution has to be equal to the camera's resolution. Application of sharpening, brightness, contrast,...
- In depth: Recording the digital difference. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p42
Reports on the increasing preference for digital video recorders for security applications in the United States. Digital video recorders from Alpha Systems Labs, Robot Research and GYYR; Advantages of digital video recorders over videotape recorders; Compression technology for the recorders. ...
- PTZ DOME, DVR & ACCESS CONTROL COMPONENT ADDED TO PRODUCT SERIES. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2010, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p104
The article offers information on the new control component products which were added to the Performance Series of Honeywell Inc. such as the HDT Series PTZ dome, HRDP H.264 digital video recorder, and NetAXS-123 entry-level access control system.
- For the Right Reasons. Gavlak, Steve // Buildings;Jun2005, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p16
Discusses the integration of building and access control systems. Questions to consider regarding the integration; Examples of system integration. INSET: Something to Think About.
- All Access. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p89
The article discusses the factors to be considered by security dealers and systems integrators to secure areas of a customer's property where authorized vehicles need to gain access. Randy Baker, product manager for Linear/Osco said that the weight of the gate, its length and the duty cycle must...
- Let's Talk About Readers. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2015, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p105
The article discusses why system integrators should lead a conversation with their end users about card readers. Topics discussed include use of future proofing by integrators, tips for card reader installation and trouble shooting, and the adoption of Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) by...
- FOR SALE: DVRs. Engebretson, Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p34
Discusses the benefits offered by digital video recording (DVR) and storage systems. Use of DVR in the security industry to simplify storage and streamline the review of an incident; Consideration of managing a videotape library as the main reason of clients for investing in DVR and storage;...
- Opening Doors. Rice, Derek // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2012, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p87
The article discusses the condition of the access control system which trails behind the other aspects of the security systems industry in the U.S. It states that while the two components of the segment, the entry controls and the intercoms, rank the lowest, new concepts are anticipated to be...