Training for the real world
- Some Partners Belong Together. Verdisco, Robert // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p34
Reports on the decision of the International Mass Retail Association to add suppliers to its board of directors, as of August 1999. Objective behind the decision; Significance of the move for strategic partnerships; Supplier members elected to the board.
- Industry Association. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;2006 Buyers Guide, p194
Presents an expanded directory of persons and international associations serving the gift and decorative accessories industry the U.S.
- East-side cemetery plots retail expansion. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the plan of the Washington Park Cemetery Association to enter the retail trade in Indianapolis, Indiana. Plan to build a retail center; Selling of cemetery merchandise; Potential use of the facility for community and social functions; Goal of diversifying the cemetery's market base.
- Retail groups merge. Bodwin, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p2
Reports on the merger of the two main retail organizations in Michigan, the Michigan Retailers Association and the Michigan Merchants Council.
- Worst Scottish retail for 11 years. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2010, Issue 5680, p5
The article presents the Scottish Retail Consortium (SRC) report which indicates that the Scottish furniture has experienced the worst February 2010 retail sales performance in 11 years.
- Latin America ready to play catch up. Negley, Jennifer // Discount Store News;12/5/94, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p6
Discusses the state of the retail trade industry in Latin America. Focus on the activities of the Association of Latin American Retailers (ALAS); Congresses of the ALAS.
- NRF Sees Prosperous Holiday. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/17/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 58, p38
Reports on the National Retail Federation trade group's projected sales for the 2003 holiday season. Expected percentage growth; Price promotion; Definition of holiday sales as total sales.
- SHOPA Splits Industry Week. Masters, Greg // Retail Merchandiser;Jan2005, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the breakdown of the School Home Office Products Association (SHOPA) Industry Week into two separate shows which will be held on September 26-28, 2005 and November 2005 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Statement issued by SHOPA president Steve Jacober; Trade show preferred by retailers.
- Leaders Councils earn a greater seat at the table. Kennedy, Sandra // DSN Retailing Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p10
Focuses on the agenda of the 2003 Meeting of the Technology Leaders Council of the International Mass Retail Association in the U.S. Assessment on the marketing strategies used by various retail firms; Level of competition; Increase on the number of technology suppliers.