- Handling Hesitation. McCarthy, John J. // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr99, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p47
Part III. Discusses guidelines in sales and marketing. Importance of listening to the questions being asked by the customer; Obstacles in sales; Reasons why customers oftentimes withhold agreements.
- A MARKETING MIX FOR THE 21ST CENTURY. Harvey, Michael G.; Lusch, Robert F.; Cavarkapa, Branko // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Fall96, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p1
As the global marketplace has become a reality, the need to expand the traditional marketing concept has become apparent. A supporting infrastructure, the marketing support system, broadens the basic 4P's by adding an additional 5 P's, e.g., publics, performance, politics, probability and...
- Maximize event marketing or it will do your company harm. Polyack, Jolene // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/07/98, Issue 322391, p4
Explains strategies to maximize marketing and sales events organized for businesses. Importance of emphasizing physical presentation to attract interest; Promotion of participation before, during and after the event.
- Marketing a strong support tool for sales team. Desiderio, Charles // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p14
Discusses the role of marketing in setting the foundation that will support a sales team. Need for the sales team to follow the plan laid out by the marketing department; Marketing's creation of a positive visibility for a company's product, service or cause; Education of consumers about the...
- Promoting exports to Europe part II: Using trade fairs and advertising. Bendow, Bruce // International Trade Forum;Apr-Jun92, Issue 2, p16
Discusses the significance of sales promotion techniques for third world exporters marketing in Europe. Types of sales promotions; Implication of trade fairs on a product's marketability; Suggestions for exhibits; Selection of fairs; Information for fair preparations; Promotion of products...
- Effective marketing: Nobody Cares! De Raffele Jr., Frank J. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/26/99, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p13
Focuses on how marketing efforts would become effective. Additional sales strategy due to lack of clients' interest to the products or services. Education of prospects; Specificity with marketing.
- Will the real decision maker please stand up? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/24/2003, Issue 323038, p26
Provides sales and marketing strategies. Importance of getting the prospect of endorsing products and services; Significance of getting the prospect's team; Relevance of consulting with decision makers.
- There's a difference. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;5/29/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5607, p12
Opinion. Discusses the difference between sales and marketing. Factors in making a sale; Orientation of the market on sales and price; Competition in product marketing.
- How to Use Your MCIF to Increase Sales, Part 2. Coffey, John J.; Palm, Gene // Bank Marketing;Sep2000, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p52
Deals with the utilization of data in the marketing customer information file (MCIF) systems as a strategy to increase sales. Useful reports in MCIF; Useful information which MCIF can supply in the sales force.
- Magnetic Market Positioning. Wright, Bruce // Advisor Today;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p86
Discusses the steps to sell or market products to prospects. Difference between marketing and sales; Key factor to achieve success in the competitive market; Suggestions for an effective magnetic marketing.