BRC report claims retailing is undervalued
- Industry reveals growing gloom for the future. // Credit Management;Jul2001, p9
Focuses on a research conducted by the Confederation of British Industry, to determine the economic conditions in Great Britain as of July 2001. Pessimism of the manufacturers on their prospects; Factors affecting the increase of revenues in retail trade.
- UK Economic Review. // European Retail Digest;Mar1999, Issue 21, p46
Provides information on the economic conditions of Great Britain as of March 1999. Details of poor official retail sales data; Results of the weakness of consumer demand; Status of the housing market; Decrease in durable spending expected in 1999.
- Profit warnings decline but retailers are cause for concern. // Credit Management;Oct2003, p16
Reports on the problems facing the British retail trade sector. Comparison with other sectors of the economy in terms of warnings issued about profits, redundancies and restructuring; Need to offer substantial discount to boost sales.
- Comment. Oliphant, Jane // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p2
Opinion. Discusses signs that the British retail industry will be in for hard times in 1999. Problems posed by high interest rates; Bank of England's struggle with the inflation/interest rate equation; Dampening of consumer spending; Ways in which suppliers and retailers can respond to...
- High street recovery. // Credit Management;Oct99, p10
Reports on the recovery of retail trade sector in Great Britain in July 1999. Comparative growth figures furnished by the Office for National Statistics, the Confederation of British Industry and the British Retail Consortium.
- Sales growth continues. // Credit Management;Apr2000, p13
Reports on developments related to the retail trade in Great Britain as of April 2000. Retail sales volume in the year 1999.
- Retail sales--strongest growth for three years. // Credit Management;May2001, p10
Reports the growth of retail sales in Great Britain. Improvement in sales despite subdued ticket sales; Indication for the domestic economy.
- United Kingdom. Lloyd-Owen, Richard; Rose, Tony // Chain Store Age;Dec96, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p28B
Reports on developments concerning retail trade and the economic conditions in Great Britain for the year 1995. Foreign trade; Retail environment; Country's gross domestic product; Consumer price change; Performance of discount stores, department stores, superstores, drugstores, supermarkets...
- Retail sales growth. // Credit Management;Sep99, p10
Reports on the sales performance of the retail industry in Great Britain for June 1999. Comparison of June 1998 and June 1999 performance; Average weekly value of retail sales; Percent annual improvement.