Retailers applaud G Plan campaign
- The chain wars. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p8
Examines the competitive Scottish upholstery retail market. Estimated number of furniture stores in Scotland; Major industry players; Performance of Landmark, Reid Furniture and other retailers.
- Hot prices, fresh colors key motion. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p200
Focuses on prices of reclining chairs by motion upholstery manufacturers in the U.S. Aim of manufacturers to find a niche at the upper end of the market; Concern of some manufacturers on the sustainability of the business; Improvement in retail sales in the market.
- Knowledge gap. // Cabinet Maker;4/6/2007, Issue 5532, p12
The article reports on the impact of furniture complaints to the retailers in Great Britain's furniture industry. Data show that customer complaints in upholstery reached 64.5 percent of the total number received. This was followed by cabinet furniture at 26.18 percent and beds at 9.32 percent....
- Divania moves to allay supply doubts. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Reports that Italian leather upholstery manufacturer Divania has pledged to fulfill orders and denied that its British operation has collapsed. Delay of orders; Impact on retailers; Factors contributing to Divania's problems.
- Retail Intelligence. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p14
Reports on the performance of retail industry as of February 2004 in Great Britain. Winter sales; Rise in the value of sales compared with January 2004; Increase in the level of people paying cash or check; Drop in finance funded sales; Sales of living cabinet, bedroom cabinet, upholstery and beds.
- Masins overcomes two disasters. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the plan of Masins to open a new store completing a two-phase fresh start following a double disaster for the high-end retailer in the year 2001 in the U.S. The flagship store will have about 20,000 square feet of selling space on four levels, and will span two historical...
- England installs galleries in Washington state, S.C. stores. // Furniture/Today;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that England, a custom upholstered furniture manufacturer, has installed Custom Comfort Center galleries in stores in Washington state and South Carolina. Phyl's Furniture, owned by Milo and Eileen Blass, has a 4,700-square-foot gallery in Chehalis, Washington. Daniels Fine...
- Retailers scramble to replace Quaker fabrics. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;7/30/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p164
The article reports that retailers are checking lists from upholstery vendors and taking covers out of commission following the closure of Quaker Fabric, a fabric supplier. Belfort Furniture upholstery buyer Alician Bratton explains the impact of Quaker's closure on the company's fabrics...
- Sofa, chair sources report busy market. // Furniture/Today;5/7/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p17
The article reports on the business growth of stationary upholstery trade. It states that despite drop in the business for April 2012, most factory executives see optimistic signs such as the willingness of retailers for open-to-buy. It mentions that incoming orders increase up to the point that...