Homestyle makeover for dated Harveys
- Can Homestyle help Harveys pull a rabbit out of a hat? Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;07/21/2000, Issue 5197, p7
Comments regarding the proposed acquisition deal between British furniture companies Harveys Furnishing PLC and Homestyle. Optimism regarding the outcome of the planned merger between the companies; Similarities in the business strategies of the companies; Overview on the current position of...
- The brand is everything. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p7
Comments on the strategy of Homestyle for Great Britain-based furniture retailer Harveys Furnishing. Inclusion of contemporary furniture; Lifestyle furniture collection of Ikea; Need to build the Harveys brand; Brand management of Ikea.
- Sales jump at Harveys. // Cabinet Maker;3/22/2002, Issue 5279, p3
Reports the issues concerning sales of furniture products from Harvey's in England. Business success of the company; Store refurbishment of the firm for home furnishing products; Introduction of higher value products tot he parent company Homestyle.
- Dreams in deal for Bensons? // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p3
Reports that Dreams and Homestyle are closed to completing a deal for Homestyle's bed division, Bensons Bed, The Bed Shed and Sleepmasters.
- Stock options. // Accountancy;Sep99, Vol. 124 Issue 1273, p87
Discloses the reexamination done by Harveys Furnishing of Great Britain of its calculation of actual stock held in its accounts for the 52 weeks ended April 24, 1999. Changes in the firm's practice of deducting the cost of sales from stock; Financial impact on group stock.
- Harveys introduces new credit systems. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the introduction of a credit system by Harveys, a soft furnishings and upholstery retailer. Reason for the launching of a storecard; Description of other services offered.
- Harveys takes more aggressive stance on value. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p1
Reports on the plan of Harveys to become aggressive in its price and product features in the furniture market.
- Harveys greenbridge retail park. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p13
Evaluates the Harveys furniture store based on its design and fixtures, customer service and sales skill of its salespeople.
- Harveys set for transformation. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p4
Reports that Great Britain-based furniture retailer Harveys Furnishings will undergo a transformation to include contemporary furniture and lifestyle products.