- Plant Removals and Subcontracting of Work. Fillion, John A. // Labor Law Journal;Sep64, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p602
Highlights court decisions on contracting out and plant relocations in the United States as of September 1964. Common features of the cases; Usual remedies for the aggrieved party recommended by the courts.
- New facilities & technology. // Industrial Heating;Sep97, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p21
Provides information on relocation, awarding of contracts and development of technologies by several heating equipment industries. Opening of Bricmont Incorporated's headquarters in the Southpointe Industrial Park, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania; Contract awarded to LOI Thermprocess from Thyssen...
- State Street Launches Transfer Agency Operations in Taiwan. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2014, p66
State Street has launched transfer agency operations in Taiwan and has appointed Sunny Yang as head of the Taiwan transfer agency operations based in Taipei.
- Supplying the Health-Care Explosion. Bienias, Thomas // Medical Device Technology;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the preparations of health care companies for the anticipated increase of demand in the health sector. Use of outsourced manufacturing; Relocation of plants to lower-cost manufacturing sites; Improvement of products and services. INSET: How industry keeps pace with the market.
- Spreading the word. Makepeace, Ian // Journal of Financial Services Marketing;Feb2006, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p195
Assesses the key considerations for businesses contemplating a pan-European outsourcing strategy. Significance of the introduction of the euro in January 2002 to the integration of the European Union; Impact of the relocation and restructuring of operations on existing outsourcing contracts in...
- YRC Cuts Jobs, Closes Administrative Center. // Traffic World;10/6/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 40, p26
The article reports on the move of YRC Worldwide Inc. to transfer the company's administration centers to Topeka, Kansas. It notes that approximately 50 of the 90 jobs and the remaining positions will be eliminated or outsourced to the company's offices in Overland Park, Kansas. It notes that...
- UK firms driven offshoreâ€¦. // Supply Management;11/18/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p10
Reports on a survey commissioned by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) and electronics group Alba indicating that companies in Great Britain feel under pressure to relocate parts of their business overseas. Percentage of CBI members that were engaged in offshoring; Percentage of CBI...
- The root of all upheaval. Careless, James // Urgent Communications;Feb2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p26
The article examines the impact of moving operations from country to country for commercial call centers also known as contact centers since they use voice, e-mail and text communications. Outsourcing was driven reportedly by two market conditions including reducing contact-center and...
- The Doomsday Scenario. Heresniak, E. J. // Across the Board;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p53
Presents an article about the relocation of business from the U.S. to low-cost countries. Concept of outsourcing; Significance of the issue to U.S. workers; Factors considered by businesses when outsourcing.