Bear Stearns banker leaves to join Merrill
- Nasdaq Traders Become Desirable. // Equities;Oct2000, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p25
Lists the top stockbrokerages on the NASDAQ Market System. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Goldman Sachs & Co.; Bear Stearns & Co.
- Musical chairs begins anew. L.C. // High Yield Report;05/10/99, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p1
Focuses on a round of people moves in the high yield market in the United States. Bear Stearns' recruitment of two high yield professionals from Merrill Lynch; Transfer of head trader Scott Dolph from Bear Stearns to Chase Securities.
- Finra Finds Widespread Overstating of Trade Volumes. Curtis, Carol E. // Securities Industry News;1/21/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on fines imposed on 19 brokerages by the U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (Finra) for overstating trade volumes to three services providers that compile rankings. The brokerages include Bear Stearns & Co., Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch & Co. and UBS Securities....
- NationsBank offers $300 million of debt despite rise in rates. Dunaief, Daniel // American Banker;3/6/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 44, p24
Reports that NationsBanc Capital Markets was in the lead along with Merrill Lynch & Company and Bear, Stearns & Company in the underwriting business. Comments from Allerton G. Smith, bank bond analyst at Donaldson, Luftkin & Jernrette Incorporated. INSET: Coming to market..
- Investors Predict Treacherous HY Terrain In '06. Laughlin, Kate // High Yield Report;11/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the result of the investor survey conducted by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. on fixed income classes in Europe. Prediction of Bear Stearns fixed income performance in 2006; Details of Bear Stearns' preliminary total return; Reaction of analyst and investor on...
- BEST INVESTMENT BANKS 2007. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p42
The article presents the 2007 best banks worldwide. Basing on considerations including market share, customer service and advice, deal-structuring capabilities, the best banks include Citi as best investment bank, Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. as equity bank, and Bear Stearns Cos. Inc. as the most...
- Rebounding regionals garner wide attention, varying views. Talley, Karen // American Banker;10/26/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 205, p33
Highlights the opinion of Sandra Flannigan and Sean Ryan, analysts at Merrill Lynch and Bear Stearns respectively about the performance of regional banks in the United States. Concern on the impact of a flat yield curve; Optimism on prosperity.
- New Issues Dominate, Treasuries Gain; Merrill Reprices $2B LAUSD Offering. Chesla, Nicholas; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p2
Presents an update on the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of February 20, 2003. Performance of government securities; Repricing of yields by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Bonds issued by Bear, Stearns & Co.
- Street Firms Move Beyond Internet Hype. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;01/01/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Presents the views of five electronic commerce executives from Merrill Lynch, Jeffries & Co., Chase Global Investor Services, Bear Stearns and Banc of America Securities about how the Internet is changing their firms. Rollout of Internet-based systems that have increased productivity; Use of...