Tennessee lawmakers reach accord on `toy town' bill
- American Fork considers annexing 2,500 acres near Utah Lake. Urquhart, Jim // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/24/99, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p9
Reports that the city of American Fork, Utah is considering the annexation of acres of agricultural wetlands near Utah Lake. Retention of services of Bear West and Associates to assist in the design of a general plan for the acreage.
- Palo Verde Fire District ruled invalid. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the ruling of the Arizona State Court of Appeals holding that the formation of the Palo Verde Fire District is invalid and cannot be used to stop the city's annexation effort. Palo Verde's annexation plans; Pima County's creation of a fire district to stop the city's annexation plan;...
- Prospecting or planning? Delevett, Peter // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/17/97, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p17A
Focuses on the efforts of municipalities in Saint Tammany Parish, Louisiana, to get developers to annex their properties. Strategies used by municipalities; Number of commercial properties annexed by Covington in 1996; Aims of the annexation push; Benefits of annexation; Comments from Nixon...
- `Toy cities' law continues to plague Tennessee after ruling. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30233, p26
Focuses on a law in Memphis, Tennessee that hurdles against annexation. Supporters of the law; Recommended changes on the law; Impact of the law on the economic condition in Memphis.
- North Carolina: Hot button issue. Lawlor, James // Planning;Mar97, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the impact of a proposed change to the state's annexation law in North Carolina. Requiring cities to provide detailed plans for providing services to areas they hope to annex; Subject discussed by a legislative study committee on property issues.
- Massive Sahuarita annexation plan prompts many questions. Franchine, Philip // Inside Tucson Business;10/25/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p6
The article presents information on the stir created by massive annexation proposal in Sahuarita, Arizona.
- Go West. Take Utah With You. Begun, Bret; Meadows, Susannah; Howard, Lucy; Stroup, Katherine // Newsweek;5/28/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 22, p10
Mentions plans of West Wendover, Nevada to annex the tiny town of Wendover, Utah. Reason for the plan; Need for approval from both state governments and the United States Congress.
- Kyle pulls land swap option from Uhland. Davis, Jacqueline // Free Press (Buda, TX);6/20/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p15A
The article reports on the decision of the Kyle City Council to withdraw its plan for land annexation in Uhland, Texas.
- Landlocked cities and the lobbyists' nightmare. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the implementation of a bill by the Tennessee House of Representatives which suspended the annexation powers of its cities. Background information on an amendment to the bill; Details on the Tennessee Municipal League's President Dan Speer; Indepth look at the annexation law of that...