Rhode Island Democrats attack plan for $190 million of property tax relief
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/16/2006, Vol. 134 Issue 33, p7
The article announces that the Burnet County, Texas, is holding public hearings on August 22 and August 29, 2006 to consider a proposal to increase the tax rate on properties. The governing body members voted unanimously for the proposal to raise the tax rates. Comparison of the proposed budget...
- Kent County Facing Budget Shortfall. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/18/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p3
Focuses on a budget shortfall faced by Kent County in Michigan. Expectation on the total revenue to the county in 2006; Prediction on property tax receipts to the county for fiscal year 2006 budget; Maximum amount the county is willing to transfer from the fund balance.
- N.Y. MTA's Fiscal Outlook Gets Slight Boost, But Huge Budget Gaps Persist. Braun, Martin A. // Bond Buyer;12/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31782, p36
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority yesterday reported its finances were a little less gloomy than they were three months ago. According to the 2004 budget, expected to be adopted Thursday, increases in real estate tax revenues and lower debt service payments will yield an extra...
- REAL ESTATE TAX AS AN EFFECIENT SOURCE OF LOCAL BUDGETS' REVENUES. Skvortsova, Snizhana Y. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Aug2013, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p109
The article considers the theoretical aspects of real estate taxation and analyzed the foreign experience in real estate taxation, considering inter alia the key problems and prospects for its application in Ukraine in order to form a stable and effective source of local budgets' revenues.
- Towns pleased with sales-tax revenue hike. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/6/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 49, p13
This article reports that increased sales-tax revenues are giving a 2005 budget boost to towns around the Westchester county in New York. While this will mean lighter property tax bills for many county property owners than would otherwise have been the case, some town officials are not sure this...
- Ypsi to study income tax. Harrison, Sheena // Crain's Detroit Business;2/7/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
This article focuses on the city of Ypsilanti which has commissioned a $22,500 study by Southfield-based Plante & Moran PLLC to determine whether it should levy an income tax. The city's 10-member Blue Ribbon Finance Committee has recommended the city to consider the tax because revenue from...
- China Grove property-tax rate leaves shortfall. Ripps, Gregory // Wilson County News;10/1/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 40, p8A
The article reports on the property tax collection from residents of China Grove, Texas at the effective rate for the 2015 fiscal year where the city also anticipates more expenses than income in its budget for the period.
- Nutmeg Spring. Garvey, William // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jul2011, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p9
The article describes how the Connecticut Business Aviation Group (CBAG) prevented Connecticut's government from imposing a 2% property tax on all aircraft in the state's hangars to solve its budget deficit. It explains the education campaign launched by CBAG to show the insignificant addition...
- County Revenue Up In '07. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on the forecasted increase in the revenue of Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2007. Factors that will contribute to the increase; Projected rise in property-tax receipts for the period; Actions that will be taken by the budget committee to achieve a balanced budget in 2007.