IRS, Treasury put three bond projects on 1998 agenda
- Feds approve merger in two-hospital N.H. town; Colo. deal awaits decision. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;1/31/94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the approval of the merger of Catholic Medical Center and Elliot Hospital, the only two hospitals in Manchester, New Hampshire. Antitrust investigations in two-hospital towns; Test of government's enforcement policies; State's acceptance of hospitals' arguments; Credit to...
- Kelley fights hospital merger. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/24/96, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p20
Reports on Michigan Attorney General Frank Kelly's filing of lawsuit to block the merger of Michigan Affiliated Healthcare System and Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.
- CONVERSIONS MIGHT GET MORE SCRUTINY. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;01/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on House Ways and Means health subcommittee member, Pete Stark's drafting of a bill to federally regulate for-profit conversions of non-profit hospitals and health plans. Requirement for for-profits to disclose financial details of the acquisition; Need for executives and officers of...
- Strategy. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;4/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p11
Presents the results of a study on the use of federal merger guidelines for hospital merger approvals. Inevitability of guideline violation due to concentrated levels in the hospital field; Analysis of mergers; Conflict in the results on the effect of market concentration on hospital costs and...
- Agencies near decisions on two hospital mergers. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;1/17/94, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p17
Reports on two proposed hospital mergers in two-hospital towns. Probes by Federal Trade Commission and Justice Department; Criticisms by lawmakers; St. Mary-Corwin Regional Medical Center and Parkview Episcopal Medical Center in Pueblo, Colorado; Catholic Medical Center and Elliot Hospital in...
- Governance issues, state deadline halt Maine merger talks. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;3/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the causes of the aborted proposed merger among Mercy Hospital, Maine Medical Center and Brighton Medical Center in Maine. Governance and religious issues; Amendment of the Maine Legislature to its Hospital Cooperation Act; Provisions of Maine's pioneering hospital-cooperation...
- Sacrifice needed if partners are to live happily ever after. // Modern Healthcare;10/10/94, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p36
Editorial. Discusses the implications of hospital mergers in the United States. Results of the survey of mergers in not-for-profit hospitals; Obstacles to achieving a successful merger; Factors that have an impact on mergers; Case of the merger of two hospitals in Skagit County in Washington.
- ILLINOIS: Another Hospital Merger. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33491, p9
The article reports on the approval on the ownership change by the Illinois Health Services and Facilities for the advancement of the merger plans between Central DuPage Health and Delnor Health System.
- Smaller hospitals quicker to use Maine merger law. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;10/07/96, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p36
Reports that the smaller hospitals in Maine, are more likely to benefit from the state's merger law, exempting hospitals from antitrust laws for business arrangements that promise to benefit customers. Maine Medical Center's influence on the passing of the law; Expected merger of Mid-Maine...