SEC's power could be limited following high court ruling
- The Christmas Tree Question. // Public Management (00333611);Dec2002, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p2
Focuses on the challenges faced by professional managers. Peculiarity for local governments to face the question on the things to display during the holiday season; Balance between personal beliefs and legal concerns; Issues conflicting the emotional responses from the members of the council.
- FYI. // Public Management (00333611);Dec2002, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p35
Presents a list of recommendations for managers of communities interested in public-access defibrillation program. Determination of local needs; Importance of hands-on medical guidance in early defibrillation programs; Use of mass media to educate the community.
- Rockland County selects Hartford Life Insurance. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p33
Reports on the selection of Hartford Life Insurance Co. by the County of Rockland Deferred Compensation Board (DFB) as their provider of retirement plan in New York. Comment of DCB chair Phyllis Graybow regarding the reason for choosing Hartford; Services and benefits available for the county...
- HOT Seats or NOT Seats? J. M. // Louisville Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p14
A quiz concerning where the known locals in Louisville, Kentucky will be seating at the new arena is presented.
- Councils dawdle on equality. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;5/31/2002, p8
Reports the failure of local authorities to implement an anti-racism strategy in Great Britain. Percentage of local authorities having inefficient performance; Comments of the local government watchdog on the councils; Analysis of the commission over crucial factors in the public sector.
- Scope for savings on white-collar pay. // Public Finance;01/24/97, p7
Discusses a British Audit Commission report that claims local authorities still have room for improvement in the management and deployment of staff.
- Cities worry more about infrastructure than e-commerce. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30807, p4
Reports on the United States-based National League of Cities' introduction of its `The State of America's Cities,' an opinion poll of elected municipal officials in the country. City officials' concern regarding potential sales tax losses from electronic commerce; Other issues affecting city...
- In brief. // Public Finance;10/29/93, p4
Reports on the opposition by local authority associations in Great Britain to proposals to deregulation of the local government superannuation scheme. Disagreement on employer contribution to employee personal pension plan.
- Courthouse receives historical recognition. Sharp, Benjamin C. // East Bernard Express (TX);5/22/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 21, p3
The article focuses on the historical recognition presented by the state and local officials to the Wharton County Courthouse as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in Wharton, Texas.