Committee chairman to push spending bill to House floor
- Rep. Shuster introduces `better' alternative to ISTEA. Shuh, Angela // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p4
Reports on US Representative Bud Shuster's introduction of the Building Efficient Surface Transportation and Equity Act (BESTEA) of 1997, a legislation to renew and expand the nation's Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA). Provisions of the legislation; BESTEA critics'...
- Shuster serves up thoughts on ISTEA II. Malloy, Cy // Concrete Products;Feb97, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1996 (ISTEA). Provisions; Comments from the Transportation Construction Coalition; Issues crucial to the passing of the bill from United States House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bud Shuster.
- Budget deal spurs Shuster to unveil plan to renew ISTEA. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;08/01/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30200, p5
Reveals the plans of US Representative Bud Shuster to renew the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act. Plans to increase the budget for highway projects; Authorization of transportation spending for three years.
- Runaway bulldozer. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;9/20/97, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p1838
Discusses the controversy arising from the proposal of a massive surface transportation bill by United States House of Congress Member Bud Shuster. Consequences on President Clinton's budget deal; Determination to pursue his plans; Request of the House Speaker to postpone the proposal.
- Shuster sets priorities for '97. // Traffic World;01/13/97, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p19
Discusses the transportation priorities of the House of Representatives for the 105th Congress as outlined by House Transportation Committee Chairman Bud Shuster. Includes the reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act; Removal of transportation trust funds from...
- Shuster ready to act on renewal of ISTEA, House aide tells NACo. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p5
Reports on US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bud Shuster's plans to introduce legislation to renew the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA). Formula for determining how much transportation aid each state receives; Representative Tom DeLay's...
- ISTEA battle gears up. Barnes, David // Traffic World;08/11/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p16
Reports that House Transportation Committee Chairman Bud Shuster has urged state and local officials in California to join him in supporting the highest possible highway spending levels. Congress' reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act in fall 1997; Promotion of...
- Y'all come! Barbecue time on the hill. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;2/24/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p35
Reports on the US Congress' Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act. Construction and renovation plans for the roads and highways; Members of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee as the primary architects of the project led by chairman Bud Shuster of Pennsylvania.
- Trapped Between a Wolf and an Old Bull. Morrissey, Matthew // National Journal;10/30/99, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p3151
Details the dispute between United States House Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bud Shuster and House Transportation Appropriations Chairman Frank R. Wolf over who gets to set transportation policy. How Wolf interpreted the memo of Julie Cirillo, the Office of Motor Carriers...