N.Y. legislature's revenue estimates reveal smaller bridge to cross on budget
- Sorry state. // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p10
Discusses an estimated 700 million dollars budget gap in the fiscal year that ends June 30, 2003 in Ohio. Apprehensions among the Republic party members regarding a suggested increase in taxes; Incapability of the government to control the economy and its impact on tax revenues; Steps suggested...
- New Mexico vexed by drop in gross-receipts tax revenue. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30788, p4
Reports that a drop in gross-receipts tax revenues has created a financial bind for New Mexico and cities that use the tax. Prospect of many debt issuers across the state having to cut their budgets; Hiring freeze instituted by the city of Albuquerque to make up a revenue shortfall in its budget.
- Spending the Old-Fashioned Way. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;7/10/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p12
Editorial. Comments on the state budget of New Jersey for the fiscal year 2002. Optimism in revenue estimates for lottery and corporate tax revenues; Proposed budget for the teacher mentoring program; Legislation on tax rebate check.
- In a Rare Reversal, Minnesota Deficit Forecast Falls By $209M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p4
The article reports that Minnesota's revenue forecast fell by 209 million dollars from the projected 1.2 billion dollars deficit in the current two-year budget.
- Revised Revenue Forecast Forces Kansas to Make Last-Minute Budget Cuts. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31136, p36
Reports the budget cuts for fiscal 2002 due to the Consensus Estimating Group revised revenue forecast in Kansas. Role of the state legislature on the budget allocation; Tax increase intended for school funding.
- How Trenton Got Fooled by a Rosy Scenario. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;4/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the impact of recession on budget deficit in New Jersey. Tendency to overstate projected tax revenues; Reliance of New Jersey on Big Three taxes; Assessment of the performance of the corporate income tax.
- Ohio Governor's $49 Billion Budget Plan Pushes Sweeping Tax Reform. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31566, p36
Reports that Ohio Governor Bob Taft proposed a 49 billion dollar biennial general fund budget on February 3, 2003 that relies on a substantial tax restructuring to generate nearly 2.8 billion in tax revenue. Amount that would be appropriated in spending for 2004; Reduction in state budget since...
- DATA POINT. // Crain's New York Business;1/4/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p0004
The article estimates that rising income and property-tax revenue in New York City will generate a budget surplus seven times more than anticipated in the mayor's budget in 2016, according to the city's publicly funded agency Independent Budget Office (IBO).
- Illinois Revises Fiscal 2003 Budget Estimate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p4
Reports that the Illinois budget officials have revised the fiscal 2003 budget estimate. Reason for revision of the revenue estimates; Basis of the fiscal budget; Estimated individual income and sales tax revenues for the year.