Nonprofit outfits brace for change to student loan index
- BACKGROUND. Hallstrom, Eric C. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p661
Provides information on different forms of nonprofit organizations. Laws governing nonprofit organizations; Details on the health care sector and the student loan market.
- N.Y.C. Trust Issuing $85 Million for Dance Foundation, Morgan Library. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the preparation of the New York City Trust for Cultural Resources to sell the bonds of Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation and Pierpont Morgan Library. Utilization of the long-term bonds for the expansion and renovation of the organizations; Inclusions of the capital and endowment campaign;...
- Scared of the bull. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;03/10/97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p74
Reports that not-for-profit hospitals in the United States are investing too much money in noninvestment-grade bonds. How not-for-profit healthcare providers plan to add equities; How investment performance is determined; Statistics on the average asset allocation of some multihospital systems...
- TENNESSEE: Rare Rating . Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p39
Reports on the assignment of 'AA' ranking to the revenue bond issued by the Fairfax County Industrial Development Authority for the Inova Health System Foundation (IHSF). Agency that assigns the ranking; Amount of the revenue bond; Shift in the outlook of the rating agency on the outstanding...
- N.J. to Join Federal Student Loan Program With $190M Sale. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p40
Discusses the plan of the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistant Authority for a $190 million variable-rate bond issue that will mark for the first time the agency will be able to provide student loans through the Federal Family Education Loan Program. Structure of the deal; Increase in...
- With some investors, student loan debt no longer gets a gold star. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;03/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30591, p6
Focuses on the lower grades given by some portfolio managers to United States student loan bonds. Impact of US President Bill Clinton's signing of the Higher Education Amendments of 1998; Changes in student loan issues; Strong credit quality; Less credit risk for investors; Major recent deals;...
- N.J. Higher Education to Issue $70M of Student Loan Bonds. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p4
Reports on the New Jersey Higher Education Assistance Authority's pending issuance of student loan bonds in May 2000. Amount of loanable funds that are expected to be generated to the New Jersey class loan program; Tentative pricing date; Expectation of strong institutional interest in the bonds.
- N.Y.C. Nonprofit Sales Set. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p35
The article reports that the sale of $31 million of bonds for two nonprofit organizations has been approved by the New York City Industrial Development Agency, which both of the plan to go market in early November 2006. The proceeds from $9 million of tax exempt civic facility revenue bonds will...
- Massachusetts, Pennsylvania Finding Ways Around Cap. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;10/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31005, p3
Reports that innovators in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania have found ways to stretch their private-activity bond volume cap limits. Nonprofits' seeking of finance from the Massachusetts Development Authority; Change in the marketing efforts of the authority.