Phyllis T. Jacobs: Long-Term Care Planning Is Her Cup of Tea
- Picking the right care package. // Financial Planning;May98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p141
Presents information on the subject of long-term care concerning financial planning. Importance of long-term care in financial planning; Challenge faced by financial planners.
- Framing The Conversation. Shelton, Phyllis // Financial Planning;Sep2000, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p170
Provides advice to financial planners on introducing the long-term care (LTC) insurance issue to their clients. Importance of LTC insurance discussion between clients and planners; People who need LTC; Stories to emphasize the importance of LTC insurance; Way of introducing the LTC topic to clients.
- Who buys LTCI? Barrie, Margie // Senior Market Advisor;Dec2012, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p44
The article presents answers to questions about long-term care insurance (LTCI), including who should financial advisors should be targeting for LTCI and what the survey and studies show about who is buying this protection and why.
- Why You Need to sell LTCI. Rothery, Kyle // Advisor Today;May2003, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p24
Advises financial planners to include long-term care insurance (LTCI) in their clients' financial plans. Studies on the need for and utilization of long-term care; Exclusion of long-term care in medical insurance policies; Description of a case to illustrate various aspects of LTCI.
- Discussing the unthinkable: Boomers and LTC. Harriman, Philip E. // Senior Market Advisor;Sep2011, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p36
The article discusses several facts that financial advisors should discuss with baby boomer generation prospects that emphasize the need for long-term care. It discusses the threats of retirement, namely, financial risk and emotional risk of having to put all finances toward unexpected care. It...
- Making LTCI More Affordable. Anderson, Wilma G. // Advisor Today;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p24
Discusses how a financial advisor can identify a plan which can convince a client to buy long-term care insurance and at the same time find the money to pay for it. Need to know how much money and income the prospect has to work with; Customization of the policy by omitting inflation...
- LTCI WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. Vincent, Lynn // Advisor Today;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p34
Discusses what financial advisors need to know about long-term care insurance (LTCI). Reasons why financial advisors should sell LTCI to clients; Problems related to premium increases associated with the LTCI; Conversion of the LTCI into the new employee benefit. INSET: LTCI SALES TIPS.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Who Really Needs It? Gilmour, Robert A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p78
Many financial planners routinely recommend long-term care insurance for their older clients, often citing alarming statistics to support their recommendations. However, according to the author of this article, these commonly cited statistics are based on faulty statistical analysis. In fact...
- Financial Planners Risk Lawsuits for Failing to Recommend Realistic Plans for Long-Term Care. Gordon, Harley // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p50
Increased life expectancy is creating a greater need for long-term care planning. Yet many financial planners are failing to adequately discuss the issue with clients. Even planners who think they've adequately addressed the issue just by bringing up long-term care insurance to clients may find...