Client Online Trading: Opportunity or Obstacle?
- First Things First. Dyer, Phil; Kinder, George // Advisor Today;Sep2008, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p64
The article focuses on financial planning in the U.S. It cites the importance of creating a life plan for the clients before addressing his financial plan. It states that the financial-planning profession has undergone profound change, transitioning from a product-oriented, transaction-based...
- The time is now. Greenberg, Dan // Inside Tucson Business;9/19/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p31
Comments on the American style of planning personal goals and resolutions regarding personal finance. Demarcation of a new year as an opportunity for setting their financial objectives; Implementation of ways to change and improve financial life through investment allocation; Effective planning...
- Putting a price on quality financial advice. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;11/17/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p17
Focuses on the availability of financial planning advisers on the Internet in the United States. Demands for personal financial advice; Details on the payment for the financial advice; Considerations in searching for financial advisers; Importance of financial advisers in making investments.
- Online Access to Money Managers. // Practical Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the impact of the Internet on financial planning services in the United States. Direct connection of individual investors to money managers who are willing to manage portfolios at a minimum amount of $50,000; Selection criteria for money management firms.
- What Financial Advisors Do. Weikart, Richard J. // Advisor Today;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p14
Addresses financial planning and advisor issues in the United States. Steps in financial planning; Services provided by financial advisors; Development of financial advising in the financial services industry.
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the developments in financial planning industry in the United States as of January 2002. Effectiveness of investment decisions of financial planners; Increase in financial decisions among couples of affluent households; Factors affecting the wide disparity in average contribution...
- Using software in your practice. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, pSR-10
Focuses on financial planners' use of computer software in the United States. Development of a planning style before the purchase of a software; Need for software compatibility with Windows 95 or NT; Need for support from vendors.
- AN ALTERNATIVE PERSPECTIVE ON INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE. DiMarzio, Angelo A.; Ritter, Thomas J.; Haire, David B. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul93, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p129
In the 1990s, financial planners need to take a fresh look at methods for evaluating investment performance. We believe total return and shortfall deviation provide the most suitable performance criteria. Applying these criteria over a full market cycle will serve planners well during the next...
- Implementing a portfolio sufficiency monitoring program. Collins, Patrick J.; Lawson, Kristor J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p86
Presents guidelines designed to assist financial planners in the implementation of a portfolio sufficiency monitoring program in the United States. Financial Accounting Standard Board's (FASB) ruling 87 for monitoring defined-benefit pension plans; Changing requirements to secure pension...