- Finding a good financial planner. Loeb, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;3/31/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p17
Offers advice on how to find a good financial planner. Asking recommendations from an accountant of a lawyer; Referral services from the Institute of Certified Financial Planners and the International Association of Financial Planning; Channeling of assets into a variety of investments;...
- Regulations allow more employers to provide 401(k) education, advice. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;03/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p12
Discusses federal regulations in the United States that allow employers to hire financial planners to advice employees participating in their 401(k) and profit-sharing plans. Qualities of financial advisers that companies should hire; Companies in Detroit, Michigan providing such advice; Key to...
- Military Recruiters Are Using and Abusing Our Kids. Ayers, William // Education Digest;May2006, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that military recruiters are using and abusing school children in the U.S. Military recruiting in high schools has been a mainstay of the so-called all-volunteer armed forces in the U.S. from the start. The military culture seeps in at all levels and has a more generally...
- TO THINK . . . LIKE A CFP. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan1990, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p36
In this essay, the author argues that for financial planning in general, and Certified Financial Planner recipients in particular, to become accepted and respected as a real profession and as real professionals, CFP practitioners must "think" as professionals. This means developing a...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p29
Presents chart and graph representations of survey results about financial planning. Reason financial plans fail; Collaboration between financial planners and psychotherapists; Business climate for financial planning practice.
- The Intelligent Creation of Wealth Seven Actions That Will Change Your Practice. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p76
Provides advice for financial planners about their planning strategy. Benefit of conducting a profitability analysis; Advantage of conducting a client survey; Importance of having a succession plan. INSETS: What Financial Advisers Made in 2001;Time With Clients Is Money;Ready or Not:...
- Why Do Financial Plans Fail? Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p60
Presents tips for financial planners on ensuring success in financial planning. Attitude of clients toward illness and old age; Factors to consider in dealing with clients; Importance of feedback from clients; Advantage of applying psychology in developing client relationships.
- Cyberplanning on the Internet Frontier: What Practitioners Need to Know. Thompson, Duane R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the benefit of the Internet in financial planning in the United States. Significance of the regulatory focus on pure fraud for financial planners; Tips in establishing the compliance requirements for the Web site.
- Targeting the High Net Worth Client: Realistic Goal or Elusive Quest? Most, Bruce W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p50
Discusses whether the subject of building a practice predominately of high net worth (HNW) individuals is a realistic goal for most financial planners. Definition of an HNW client; Financial planning issues for HNW individuals; Comments from industry executives.