It's Over! The Great Asset Allocation Debate Has Been Settled
- Investors Sizing Up Realistic 401 (k) Expectations. Coghlan, J. Graydon // San Diego Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p18
Reports the expectations of participants in the employer-sponsored retirement plans. Additional fund types of investment; Factors affecting the changes in investment selections; Emphasis on long-term asset allocation strategies.
- The harder things to impart through online advice-comment of the week. Bentley, Graham // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/27/2014, p60
The author offers insights on topics including the tendency of online investment advice to observe formulaic tools relating to asset allocation and fund selection, the risk discussion process, and the significant role of relationship management in the formulation of financial planning advice.
- Realising the benefits from investment in ERP. Smith, Mark // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov99, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p34
Points out the benefits of enterprise resource planning (ERP) investments. Growth of ERP market; Steps for developing an exploitation strategy; Reasons for the failure of companies to realize the benefits of ERP.
- Long-Run Returns on Stock and Bond Portfolios: Implications for Retirement Planning. Butler, Kirt C.; Domian, Dale L. // Financial Services Review;1992/1993, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p41
Reports on the evaluation of asset returns over long holding periods for retirement planning decisions. Reduction of the risk of stock investments by time diversification; Comparison of the asset allocation strategies; Computation of the probability distributions for retirement wealth.
- 401(k) investors choose equities. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p55
Reports on the preference of 401(k) plan investors to equity investments, according to a research from the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) as of April 2003. Status of asset allocation; Focus of investments among all 401(k) participants in the 2001 EBRI/Investment Company Institute...
- GFC 2.0 to put portfolios on the defensive. Tsanadis, Andrew // Money Management;1/19/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the belief of Fidelity Worldwide Investment director of asset allocation Trevor Greetham that the global financial crisis can be dealt with by the financial services industry through a conservative asset allocation in 2012.
- Complaisant? // Pensions & Investments;3/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p12
Editorial. Comments on the investment strategies of pension and fund trustees in response to the capital market in the United States. Reduction in equity exposures; Importance of prioritizing long-term plans; Need for strategic asset allocation of the funds.
- Money overqualified? The case against IRAs. Parrs, Eugene // Business Journal (Central New York);9/5/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p14
The article presents views regarding asset allocation. The author analyses how much should be allocated to pre-tax investments, such as qualified plans and IRAs as compared to after-tax investments. He identifies several problems relating to pre-tax investments, especially IRA overload and...
- Asset Indivisibility and Investment Planning: An Application of Linear Programming. Barry, Peter J. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May72, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p255
A multi-period linear programming model is used to evaluate the effect of investments in indivisible land units on various measures of firm growth. Complete evaluation is found to depend upon the degree of asset indivisibility, the manager's planning horizon, and on the chosen financial or...