Two Professionals + One Retirement = Compromise
- Save while you are young if you hope to hang it up early. Wilkinson, Kaija // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/10/99, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p30
Emphasizes the importance of retirement planning for employees in the United States. Comments from Pat Frois, a retiree from AT&T Corp.; Study results indicating that 80 percent of Americans believe that they will continue to work past retirement; Factors affecting one's investment plans; Need...
- Preretirement counseling: Integrating the leisure planning component. Liptak, John J. // Career Development Quarterly;Jun90, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p360
Illustrates the leisure planning process of retirees by describing various aspects of goal setting and action planning. Success of individuals who plan for retirement in coping with transition; Self-fulfillment in retiree's leisure time.
- 'Teps can provide extra funds for retirement'. // Money Marketing;2/27/2003, p16
Reports that majority of British employees who retired before 65 wish they had made greater financial provisions, according to a research by Taylor Nelson Sofres. Recommendation to invest in a Tep as a pension funding alternative.
- No consensus on the 4 percent rule. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses some issues retirees who plan on withdrawing 4 percent of their portfolio holdings annually might consider.
- The View From PARADISE. Mayle, Peter; Frey, Nadine // Fortune;8/19/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p178
Looks at 20 places where someone might plan to spend a pleasant retirement. In-depth profiles on the Luberon (France); New York City, Iowa, Ojai (California); London and Costa Rica; Statistics and other facts on these places and 14 others, regarding local economy, cost of living, health care...
- 7 Reasons NOT to Retire. // U.S. News & World Report;6/12/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 22, p43
This introduction precedes several articles that focus on staying healthy and happy in later life and mentions the idea of "unretirement."
- Retirement planning mistakes And how to avoid them. // Tennessee Tribune;4/29/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p11B
The article offers information on retirement planning mistakes such as doing nothing, underestimating needs, and going it alone.
- Retirement-planning decisions for troubled times. White, Joel C. // Journal of Business (10756124);11/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 23, pB5
Discusses tips on retirement planning in the U.S. Financial independence of retirees; Retirement assets.
- The New Retirement. Jones, Lucretia DiSanto // Advisor Today;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p29
Focuses on trends affecting retirement planning in the U.S. Effect of longevity on retirement planning; Changes in retirees' ability to sustain financial health for the length of their retirement; Opportunities for financial advisors in the field of retirement planning.