The Big Guys Are Coming
- Planner Confidence in Mutual Funds Diminished . . . // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p21
This article discusses the results of a survey conducted by the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board, which investigated planner confidence toward mutual funds. Six in ten CFP professionals reported that they are less confident than before in the U.S. markets. In contrast, nearly nine in...
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
The article presents news briefs related to the financial planning industry in the U.S. as of January 2006. Spectrem Group reported that a large proportion of investors in the country are interested in investing in mutual funds. The energy generating sector of the nation is performing well since...
- Disenchantment with Fund Companies Sets In. Garmhausen, Steve // Financial Planning;Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p34
Discusses a survey conducted by Dalbar about the dissatisfation of financial advisers from mutual fund companies with regards to the U.S. stock market. Categories where mutual fund companies performed poorly; Criticisms in the quality of communication provided by mutual fund companies to their...
- THE FEELING'S MUTUAL. Cramer, James J. // New York;01/22/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p37
Recommends several mutual fund managers and investment advisers based in the United States who are tasked to organize stock trading for customers. Bill Miller of the Legg Mason Value Trust; Richie Freeman from Smith Barney Aggressive Growth; Elizabeth Bramwell of Bramwell Growth.
- BOND FUNDS VERSUS EQUITY FUNDS: A STUDY OF PERFORMANCE. Altfest, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul1990, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p128
This study provides the first comprehensive analysis of the performance of bond funds. It finds that there is no consistency in the relative rankings of individual bond fund results over time, and that their risk-adjusted performance is modestly negative relative to the overall market. It...
- What Financial Advisors Do. Weikart, Richard J. // Advisor Today;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p14
Addresses financial planning and advisor issues in the United States. Steps in financial planning; Services provided by financial advisors; Development of financial advising in the financial services industry.
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the developments in financial planning industry in the United States as of January 2002. Effectiveness of investment decisions of financial planners; Increase in financial decisions among couples of affluent households; Factors affecting the wide disparity in average contribution...
- Using software in your practice. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, pSR-10
Focuses on financial planners' use of computer software in the United States. Development of a planning style before the purchase of a software; Need for software compatibility with Windows 95 or NT; Need for support from vendors.
- STAT BANK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p19
This section presents statistics of interest to financial planners in the U.S. The expected number of unfilled job openings in the financial services industry by 2010 is ten million. $1 is the amount of every five dollars of U.S. Treasury debt held by Japan and China. The percentage of highly...