WHAT INFLUENCES RETIREMENT DECISIONS?
- Additional Leave as the Determinant of Retirement Timing--Retaining Older Workers in Norway. Hermansen, Asmund // Nordic Journal of Working Life Studies;Dec2014, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p89
Faced with a rapidly aging labor force, increasing the labor supply of older workers has become an important goal for European countries. Offering additional leave to older workers with the option of withdrawing a contractual pension (contractual early retirement pension AFP) has become a...
- Gender, Disabilities, and Employment in the Health and Retirement Study. Loprest, Pamela; Rupp, Kalman; Sandell, Steven H. // Journal of Human Resources;1995 Supplement, Vol. 30 Issue 4, pS293
This paper examines disabilities of older women and men and analyzes gender differences in the effect of disabilities on labor force participation using information on men and women aged 51-61 from the early release of the first wave of the Health and Retirement Survey. Our results demonstrate...
- Retirement on the Endangered Species List?…. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p15
This article focuses on the retirement of U.S. citizens. Surveys show that nearly 30 percent of men aged 65 to 69 are still working. Twenty percent of women in the same age bracket are still working, instead of the expected 15 percent. Three-quarters of workers aged 51 to 61 plan to continue...
- WORK/RETIREMENT. // Future Survey;Aug2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the reversal of the trend toward early retirement due to a dramatic shift in the way old age is viewed. Key issue for retirement; Scenarios and options for workers facing retirement.
- LUCRÄ‚TORUL "VÃ‚RSTNIC": ROLUL SÄ‚U ÃŽN CONTEXTUL ECONOMIC EUROPEAN ÅžI NAÅ¢IONAL ACTUAL. Şanta, Carmen // Acta Medica Transilvanica;jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p29
Objective: this is a study of the situation of the labour force of over 50 years of age in Europe, from the perspective of increase of the employability of the aging worker's necessity. Methods: the analyse of the studies made in the last 30 years in Europe, regarding the causes of early...
- PREDÄŒASNA POKOJNINA. Klemenčič, Ksenija Saražin // Kakovostna Starost;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p68
No abstract available.
- Labor Month In Review. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb89, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p2
Presents information on older workers in the labor supply. Unemployment for workers over the age of 55; Barriers to employment; Earnings losses upon reemployment.
- THE EFFECT OF THE 'SENIOR CITIZENS' FREEDOM TO WORK ACT OF 2000' ON DELAYED RETIREMENT INCENTIVES. Baum, Charles L.; Ford, William F. // Labor Law Journal;Spring2001, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on the "Senior Citizens' Freedom to Work Act," signed by the U.S. President Bill Clinton on April 7, 2000. This regulation sharply reduces the Social Security Act retirement benefit penalties previously imposed on working social security recipients aged 65 through 69 who earn...
- Hundreds of graduates fail to get jobs. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p7
No abstract available.