Correlation with Obesity
- Hearts at Risk: A Little Fat'll Do Ya In. // Men's Fitness;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p46
Presents the findings of a study which determined whether overweight and lesser degrees of obesity in men pose as health risks.
- OBESITY IN MEN: A CLINICAL STUDY OF TWENTY-FIVE CASES. Mendelson, Myer; Weinberg, Norris; Stunkard, Albert J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr61, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p660
Presents a clinical study of obesity in men. Difference between juvenile obese and adult obese; Index of severity of the weight problem; Psychologic functioning; Relationship of food intake to life stress.
- Reality cheque. // NZ Business;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the findings of a study, which suggest that majority of all New Zealand men are overweight or obese. Way of dealing with complicated emotions; Development of a five-year plan.
- The sticky side of hypogonadism. Tamler, Ronald // Endocrine Today;Sep2009, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p16
The article discusses the case of a 45-year-old man who had adrenal insufficiency and panhypopituitarism, and was diagnosed with hypogonadism.
- Weight of evidence. // OECD Observer;Nov2001, Issue 229, p69
Focuses on the issue of obesity. Comparison on the percentage of obese women in the United States and obese men in Korea; Prevalence of obesity in the OECD countries; Graphical representation of obesity rate on several countries.
- Andropause: Knowledge and Perceptions Among the General Public and Health Care Professionals. Anderson, Joy K.; Faulkner, Sandy; Cranor, Carole; Briley, Jennifer; Gevirtz, Felicia; Roberts, Susan // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Dec2002, Vol. 57 Issue 12, pM793
Presents a study that examined the knowledge and perceptions of andropause and testoterone replacement therapy among health care professionals and members of the general public. Description of andropause; Terms used to describe age-related male hypogonadism; Nonsexual symptoms of andropause.
- Clinical measures of obesity and weight loss in men. Egger, G; Dobson, A // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Mar2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p354
OBJECTIVES: (1) To determine the relationship between waist circumference and body weight in overweight men both before and after participation in a weight loss program; and (2) to make recommendations for the appropriate use of these measures at various stages of weight loss. DESIGN: Weight and...
- The Prevalence of Obesity in Ethnic Admixture Adults. Albright, Cheryl L.; Steffen, Alana D.; Wilkens, Lynne R.; Henderson, Brian E.; Kolonel, Laurence N. // Obesity (19307381);May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1138
The article presents a study on the prevalence of obesity in ethnic admixture adults. A total of 215,000 adults participated in the study. Results showed highest age-adjusted prevalence of overweight in Hawaiian/Latino men and black/Latina women and highest obesity rates in Hawaiian/Latino men...
- Comparison Of Eysenck's Personality Traits Of Obese And Non-obese College Men. Abraham, Baiju // Review of Research;Aug2012, Vol. 1 Issue 11, Special section p1
The physical education have been concerned with the classification of individuals into different types of body build and are interested in knowing the relationship between the body composition and personality traits. Obesity has been recognised as important aspect of body composition.