- Aramark Debuts Patient Satisfaction Program. // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p18
Presents the goals of a food service training program launched by Aramark to establish standards in hospital settings. Improvement of the skills of hourly staff members; Training of the employees to provide consistent quality services; Enhancement of patient perceptions of the hospital as a...
- Philly picks Aramark. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
This article reports on a food service contract awarded by the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania to Aramak in September 2005. According to Aramark, its contract is for one year with options for an additional four years, and calls for the contractor, to manage food service in 115...
- Almost 300,000 More: Houston ISD increases summer meals. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p10
Provides information on the program of the Houston Independent School District in Houston, Texas and food service company ARAMARK that provides meals for students at the school district. Statistics on the number of breakfast and lunch served at schools in the summer of 1999; Dishes available for...
- IN MINN. SCHOOL DIST.: Performance pay for foodservice workers. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on how foodservice employees in South Washington Independent School District in Saint Paul, Minnesota are being paid. Areas of employees performance being considered; Bonuses given to employees.
- IN HERSHEY, PA: New director reverses school f/s losses. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the changes at Derry Township School District in Hershey, Pennsylvania since Greg Hummel become food service director. Branded items that were brought in; A la carte sales in high schools; Gain from an exclusive soda contract with Coca-Cola.
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.
- DOUG BRADLEY IN SPORTS/ENTERTAINMENT: Culinary director blends corporate plans, local needs. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p86
Features Doug Bradley, Aramark's director of culinary standards in the Sports and Entertainment division. Job responsibilities of Bradley; Reason for venturing into the food service business; Strategy of Bradley in saving labor cost.
- That '60s Show: Students go to the mat for `oppressed' workers. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/22/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p32
Focuses on the campaign of students at Claremont Colleges in Southern California for the support of Aramark Corp.'s foodservice workers. Claim on the intimidation of workers to prevent their joining the union; Impact of student activism on the employees.
- Aramark wins Governor's Award for work with homeless shelter. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/06/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p20
Reports that Illinois Governor George H. Ryan has presented a 2000 Governor's Award to restaurant firm Aramark for its charitable programs. Company background; Company's involvement with the Workforce Board of Northern Cook County; Support for the Chicago Christian Industrial League.