Mix It Up
- The Wave of the Present: Univ. of Rhode Island expands choices. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p8
Covers the move of the University of Rhode Island in Kingston in converting its Butterfield Hall to a cook-to-order foodcourt. Comments from Kathleen Gianquitti, administrator of dining services; Description on the foodcourt; Menus served; Types of food usually demanded by students at the...
- University of Rhode Island plans to offer dorm room delivery. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/24/99, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the Kingston, Rhode Island-based University of Rhode Island's plan to offer dormitory room food delivery service in the year 2000. Details of the planned service; Menu.
- A College/Univ. Case Study: Healthy, satisfying meals at the Univ. of Rhode Island. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p112
Focuses on the approach developed by the University of Rhode Island in Kingston in making sure college students stay healthy and satisfied with their meals. Comments from Susan Ash, staff dietitian at the university; Information on the belief that the number of vegetarians in the university is...
- NACUFS Names C-Store Award Winners. // Food Management;May2008, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p22
The article announces the names of the winners of the 6th annual NACUFS "Best in the Business" Campus C-Store Contest, U.S., which include The Corner Store at the University of Rhode Island for its product mix variety, Riverside Emporium at Ball State University for marketing and merchandising,...
- 54% AT UNIV.-NEW HAMPSHIRE: C-store boosts campus retail. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the opening of the Philbrook Cafe, a cafe-convenience store, at the University of New Hampshire. Estimated sales per day of the cafe; National and in-house brands serving at the store; Cost Construction cost of the store; Features of the cafe-convenience store.
- Still growing on-campus. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p78
Focuses on convenience-store (c-store) retailing at several colleges and universities in the United States. Combination c-store coffee shop at the College of the Holy Cross' Worcester, Massachusetts campus; Merchandising strategies of c-stores located within the University of Tennessee's...
- A Great 3-in-1 Deal! Buzalka, mike // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p45
The article features the Hope Commons, a new dining hall built within the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, Rhode Island. It is designed by Ricca Newmark Design, Vision3 Architects, and Gilbane Inc. Its renovated design demonstrates unusual flair, innovation, and efficiencies. It has four...
- Today's Special. // Fare Magazine;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p55
The article highlights the traffic growth for c-stores in colleges and universities as consumers are continuously snacking as well as a shifting of day-parts as reflected in the chicken category.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Operational status of the convenience store, Village Store, at the University of San Diego in California; Popularity of vegetarian foods among college students; Foodservice management contract signed by Tiffin...