TITLE

C-stores Galore

AUTHOR(S)
Ramsey, Lindsey
PUB. DATE
August 2008
SOURCE
FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p66
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article focuses on the quality customer service of convenience stores in the U.S. Operators of convenience stores are focusing on service and improving product mix to increase their profits. John Hofman, director of foodservice at the University of Wisconsin, says its 1,500-square foot c-store--called Mendota Market--averages $5,5,00 per week day. Diana Gutierrez, general manager at Whitsons Culinary Group, says the store brings in about $300 per week.
ACCESSION #
33832887

 

Related Articles

  • CSNews On the Road.  // Convenience Store News;10/8/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p143 

    The article presents information on the convenience store Mapco Mart in Nashville, Tennessee. The store provides a good shopping experience and quality food in restaurants. Several specialties present in new Mapco Marts may not be transferable to its other stores. However, the store presents a...

  • Food Trucks: Driving Opportunity? ZID, LINDA ABU-SHALBACK // CSP;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p86 

    The article discusses the opportunity presented by food trucks for convenience stores in the U.S. It says that a convenience store with a parking lot in a prime location could take advantage of the huge traffic of customers and make a profit from the truck itself. According to the author, food...

  • Cooking Up Opportunity in the McLane Kitchen. HANSON, ANGELA // Convenience Store News for the Single Store Owner;Aug2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p12 

    The article focuses on the McLane Kitchen, a customizable program introduced by McLane Co. Inc. to help single-store operators succeed on their foodservice offerings.

  • Preview of NACS State of the Industry Report of 2011 Data. Oller, Samantha // CSP;2012 Summit Special Issue, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p77 

    The article presents a preview of the State of the Industry Report of 2011 Data of the National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS). The difference between the top 10 percent of the NACS State of the Industry total firm sample and the other 90 percent is their decision to differentiate...

  • Editor's Eye.  // Convenience Store News;3/26/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p10 

    The article presents information on food and service offered by convenience stores in Dallas, Texas and Las vegas, Nevada. It is informed that driving around Dallas, one can't help but notice the impact of QuikTrip Corp. Customers' senses are assaulted by the bevy of roller grill items including...

  • Freshness and Training Examined. LeBlanc, Eric // Progressive Grocer;Jan2013, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p52 

    The article offers tips to deli and convenience foodservice companies on how to cater to consumers' demand for fresh offerings. According to the author, freshness in food is not easy to determine visually, so consumers use cues to determine whether what they are buying is fresh or not. He states...

  • Finding the Next Level for Your Foodservice Program. Phillips, Bob // Convenience Store News;Jan2016, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p62 

    The article offers suggestions for convenience store operators on improving the food service at convenience store to improve sales. As suggested, distinctive point-of-sale at the foodservice counter is known to improve sales. It is advisable to ask customers for feedback on possible menu...

  • Mix It Up. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p66 

    The article reports on the success of the convenience store at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston attributed to its product mixes. The Corner Store, the university's convenience store, has increased its daily sales by more than 50% since opening in September 2007, due to its incredible...

  • HOT TIPS.  // Convenience Store News;Dec2012, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p48 

    The article offers tips for convenience store operators in doing a world-class foodservice. It suggests the need for operators to make sure that they have a foodservice operations manual and that all stakeholders understand that the principles and words in the manual are law. It recommends...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics