The Lunch Campaign
- FAME Issues Call for Nominations. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p10
The article offers information on the nominations of school nutrition professionals for the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) Award to be given during the School Nutrition Association's Child Nutrition Industry Conference to be held in San Antonio, Texas on January 13, 2013.
- Carrots & Cupcakes? King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
This article comments on a survey that was released by the School Nutrition Association, which asked members to indicate how successful are their districts at implementing nutrition standards for cafeteria and other meals, installing nutrition education programs and improving the amount of...
- Survey: Schools Focus on Meeting New Meal Regs. // FoodService Director;9/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
The article highlights the Back to School Trends Report of the School Nutrition Association which shows that school foodservice departments are adjusting to the new meal regulations.
- Storming the Hill. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the participation of John Martin, foodservice director for the Edwardsville Community Unit School District 7 of Illinois, in the Legislative Action Conference of the School Nutrition Association in Washington D.C. Martin described his first LAC experience as informative...
- Lessons of the Fall. White, Gerald J. // Food Management;Oct2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p10
The article highlights some of the congresses happened during the show season in the food industry in the U.S. It is said that the American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators proclaimed record attendance and the 25th anniversary of their business partner exhibits. The author said...
- Melissa Jackson Has Full Plate as President of SCSNA. // Southeast Food Service News;Apr/May2014, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p1
The article presents question and answer session with the President of the South Carolina School Nutrition Association (SCSNA) Melissa Jackson in the Edgefield Country schools. Topics discussed include the involvement of the president to the dietetics and food service, the Edgefield Country's...
- On the Front Lines of Child Nutrition. BUZALKA, MICHAEL // Food Management;Nov2011, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p22
The article presents a profile of Mary Hill, executive director of the Jackson, Mississippi's Food Service Department. Hill is a major industry figure who has helped set the policies and priorities of the School Nutrition Association (SNA), both as an influential local director and as a national...
- Editor's Note: Lessons from the air. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/12/2015, p1
The article criticizes the terrible customer service at a redesigned airport food hub in New York. Topics covered include the long time it took to get a cold sandwich, the lack of enthusiasm of the foodservice employees, and the take-it-or-leave-it options of most other airport food venues. Also...
- FMAgenda. // Food Management;Jun2009, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p14
A calendar of events for the U.S. area in June July 2009 is presented which include conferences of the School Nutrition Association (SNA), of the National Association of College and University Food Services, and of the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Foodservice.