PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA
- Portability On The Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p26
The article reveals that portability continues to be a big part of most foodservice operators' business in the U.S., according to the 2007 FoodService Director Study on Portability. Although the overall percentage of operators surveyed who say they offer portable menu items in their dining...
- Process Improvement is Focus of AHF Confab. // Food Management;Jul2013, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses a meeting by the society Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF) held in the U.S. June 2013. The conference saw a discussion on the promotion of foodservice organizations, a presentation by the chief executive officer (CEO) at HCA Oak Hill Hospital Mickey Smith on new...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p30
The article presents information related to people involved in food service, including the election of Denisa Cate as president of the American Society of Healthcare Food Service Administrators (ASHFSA), the recognition of Jane Grant Shambaugh with the 2008 Minah Award from the National...
- ASHFSA Names Top Officers. // Food Management;Oct2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p18
The article announces the appointment of Denisa Cate as president of the American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators.
- PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p26
The article presents several food service ideas from various school food service directors in the U.S. Laurie Beth Wilson has developed an Around the World cycle where items at each station are geared toward a specific culture. Pamela Adams serves fresh parfaits in to-go cups featuring berries...
- Special issue. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p30s
Reports on developments in the food service industry in the United States as of March 15, 1997. Includes increase in the number of brand-name food service outlets in the United States; Sales gain projections for Taco Bell; Store additions by McDonald's Corporation.
- The Mouse That Will Roar. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p18
Details findings of a survey of foodservice operators, manufacturers and distributors, presented at the International Food Manufacturers Association's (IFMA) Chain Operator's Exchange (COEX) by the Foodservice Central.com electronic commerce organization. Percentage of foodservice operators who...
- Just Desserts. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p112
Presents news items of interest to the food service industry. Philippine's Central Luzon Police Chief Roberto Calinisan's order for police officers with waists over 34 inches to climb Mount Pinatubo; United States Agriculture Department's diet summit; Actual average weigh gain of a person...
- Manuel's labors. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p120
Presents information on Manuel's Hot Tamales' food service business in New Orleans, Louisiana. Description of the food store; Brief history of the business; Varied ways of marketing tamales.