- David McHugh. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p48
The article features David McHugh, the chef of Pavilion Dining at University of San Diego in California. It provides information about McHugh's daily activities and routines from morning until the time he arrived at home after work. It mentions McHugh's chicken coop as well as his busy schedule...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- IN COLLEGES: Campus execs. lead in tenure. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p52
Deals with the economic prospects of the college food service segment in the U.S.. Compensation bracket of the segment; Dropout rates of its employees; Challenges facing college food service directors; Customer enhancements in college food service.
- Just in Time for the Holidays... // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on University of Georgia Food Services department's creation of a cookbook featuring the best catering recipes of its holiday luncheons. Showcase of the culinary talents of the catering staff at the Athens, Georgia-based university; Price.
- More healthy options. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p90
Talks about the popularity of chicken dishes in universities and colleges in the United States. Information on chicken menus; How chicken is served by caterers; Why chicken remains popular.
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p126
Presents recipes of Mexican foods offered at food facilities in public schools and universities in the United States. Includes El Paso Independent School's Mexican Rice; Volusia County Schools' Cafe Enchiladas; Yuma Regional Medical Center's Chicken Tortilla Soup; El Paso Independent School's...
- Vegetarian recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p130
Presents several vegetarian recipes used by several college food facilities in the United States. Includes Haiku School's Veggie Chili; University of California-Santa Barbara's Black Bean Chili; Michigan State University's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup; Henderson County School's Brown Rice Pilaf.