- Achy breaky Myrtle Beach. Watson, Tom // Restaurant Business;2/10/95, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p66
Discusses the impact of increasing foodservice outlets in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on veteran restaurateurs. Number of outlets vying for business in the area; Restaurateurs' strategies for survival in the market; Views from industry executives.
- Second Shift. Amer, Suzie; Malone, Michael; Strenk, Th; Bryant, Katherine; Cobe, Pat // Restaurant Business;3/12/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p50
Presents experiences of nine representatives of the restaurant business who are specialists in their field. Prerequisites for success in restaurant business; Utilization of experiences from industries unrelated to food service in the business for success; Qualities and characteristics of...
- CULINARY CURRENTS: NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p50
Reports on developments in the foodservice industry in the U.S. Deadline for the submission of Women Chefs & Restaurateurs scholarship applications; Chef who won a 10-day trip for two to Australia for having Australian lamb on her menu; Ritz-Carlton's list of the most frequently ordered drinks...
- After sampling a bite of the Big Apple, a new beat beckons. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;05/17/99, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p154
Focuses on a national reports editor's views on the foodservice community in New York City. Industry's recovery from the trough of recession; Debate over the smoking issue; Success of restaurateurs Drew Nieporent and Danny Meyer; Excellent service at the Opaline Restaurant.
- Eighteen principles to follow for a succesfful marketing plan in the foodservice industry. Feltenstein // Nation's Restaurant News;10/18/99, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p34
Focuses on the principles of marketing that a restaurateur should adopt to ensure that he succeeds in the foodservice industry. Predetermination of what will or will not work in the marketplace; Downside to institutional advertising; Importance of building every marketing aspect to offering...
- FS/TEC conference provides one-stop shopping for technology know-how. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/18/99, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p61
Reports on the annual exposition called the FS/TEC that aims to provide food service professionals and restaurateurs with technology knowhow. Lineup of activities; Topics of sessions.
- Wake Up and Do Something! Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2014, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p8
A personal narrative is presented where the author shares his advice on what to do when your restaurant is slow in most nights as compared to the other restaurants in the area.
- Taste Maker. Kuh, Patric // Los Angeles Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p68
Presents an article on being the owner of a French restaurant in Los Angeles, California. Challenges faced in managing the business; Efforts made to attract U.S. customers; Information on some of the dishes served in the restaurant.
- Midwest independents link together to fight chain dominance. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;7/7/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p74
Reports on the cooperation among independent restaurant owners in the U.S. to compete against higher-end chain operators. Existing competition and operations of companies in the food service industry; Marketing and promotions campaigns by various restaurants; Establishment of target markets.