Elliot Takes Nutrition to the Community
- Kids should be given healthier eating choices. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/14/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses the importance of teaching kids in Texas about healthy living which focuses on the "3 E's," namely education, exercise, and eating right.
- New health education films released. // Africa Health;Mar2013, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the release of three health education films for caregivers and communities on how to identify a sick child with specific reference to pneumonia, diarrhea, and malaria.
- Ask Doctor Cory. SerVaas, Cory // Turtle;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p34
Offers pieces of advice to parents and teachers on child health, citing the benefits of dental examination for children.
- The nutrition subscription. Vietheer; Christodoulou, Rachael // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;12/13/99, Vol. 62 Issue 12, Kellog's Morning Scoop p4
Presents issues related to health education of school children in Bethpage, New York. Advantages and disadvantages of watching television; Significance of dental hygiene; Books encouraging children to eat healthy foods.
- The Australian Health Promoting Schools Association. // Primary Educator;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p4
Outlines the aims of the Australian Health Promoting Schools Association (AHPSA). Establishment in schools of a broad view of health consistent with the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion; National promotion of Health Promoting Schools; Advocacy for comprehensive approach to health issues in...
- The health promoting school at Ocean Grove--Victoria. Mason, Prue // Primary Educator;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the development of Health Promoting School (HPS) program at Ocean Grove Primary School in Victoria. Description of HPS; Tasks of HPS committee; Development of policy; Emphasis on educating children to make healthy lifestyle choices; Learning initiatives in curriculum.
- Chevallum School--Queensland. O'Hara, Cath // Primary Educator;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p9
Details the development of Health Promoting School (HPS) program at Chevallum state school in southeast Queensland. Introduction of the action research project; Action research; Gender issues; Research data collection; Steps for creating the learnscape for living; Outcomes.
- Healthy smiles promoted in Lancashire. // British Dental Journal;11/27/2010, Vol. 209 Issue 10, p489
The article reports on the launch of Smile4Life, a programme involving members of the local National Health Services (NHS) dental group that encourages good oral health among pre-school kids by Health Minister Lord Howe in Lancashire, England on October 2010.
- Airedale Back Care for Children (ABC) Programme. Cook, David; Duffy, Jayne; Vaughan, Jo // Education & Health;2005, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p40
Presents information on the Airedale Backcare for Children programme in Bradford, England designed in response to the growing problem of low back pain. Percentage of children who would experience low back pain by the age of 14, according to research by the charity BackCare; Aim of the...