- NEWS. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
The article presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S. Duke University chose Compass Group to manage a portion of the university's foodservice business in Durham, North Carolina. The nomination for the 2007 Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Awards for school...
- Dining Destination of the Future. Seelye, Katheleen // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Features the food emporium, a big trend in food industry with the traditional foodservice and grab-and-go foods in Iowa. Offer of convenience compared to retail stores; Commodities found in emporiums; Impact of the addition of the emporium in college campuses; College campuses adapting the trend.
- Self-Ops: Sales up 3.4%, food purchases grow 2.7%. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p61
Describes the status of colleges and universities self-operating foodservice in the United States. Overall spending for foodservice; Food purchases; Student spending; Purchasing of meals in retail environment; Increases in traditional board-plan/meal-plan activity.
- Creating specialty items. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p110
Focuses on wraps and sandwich trends in food services at colleges and universities in the United states. Details on five types of sandwiches offered by Harvard University's Crimson Catering; Brief details on various varieties wraps are available in; Which wraps are more popular; Comments from...
- Participation Sensation! // Food Management;Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the street food concept offered by dining management services provider in the U.S. METZ Culinary Management, as a creative way to boost student participation in the campus dining program held in Lebanon Valley College in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- GEORGIA TECH ADDRESSES FOOD INSECURITY AMONG STUDENTS. // FoodService Director;11/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p16
The article presents a study regarding the struggle of college students with food insecurity. It states the launch of national Sodexo-supported program by the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta aimed to ease distribution of leftover food from campus dining facilities to residents in need...
- PEOPLE. // Food Processing (00156523);Jul2009, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p13
The article focuses on career changes related to food processing industry in U.S. It notes that W. Anthony Vernon will be the president of Kraft Foods Inc. in mid-August 2009 and will replace Rick Searer, who will retire at the end of September 2009. It reveals that president, chief executive...
- Catering Revenues Up on College Campuses. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p23
Details findings of a survey conducted by Cini-Little International which showed that majority of campus foodservices are enjoying revenue gains from on-campus catering business. Annual catering revenues of school foodservice; Challenges encountered by foodservice operators; Main job...
- in brief. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p17
The article presents several news briefs about food management. Maine is the first state to adopt a meat purchasing policy that will offer preference to products from animals that have not been given antibiotics for nontherapeutic purposes. Compass Group has been chosen by Duke as its new vendor...