IT'S IN THE TEXT
- ETC. // RCR Wireless News;9/22/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the findings of a survey conducted by research firm Yankelovich Inc. regarding the wireless usage among African Americans. The study showed that the African-American community is closing the gap in terms of cellular phone ownership and messaging usage. It also revealed...
- Spam on Cell Phones Emerges as a Costly Annoyance. Thuresson, Michael // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p20
Reveals that spam on cell phones are emerging as costly annoyances. Costs associated with spam text messages; Efforts of wireless carriers to protect their customers from spam messages.
- Now, Dial an E-Mail. Kirschner, Suzzane Kantra; Everett, Jenny // Popular Science;Aug2002, Vol. 261 Issue 2, p18
Provides information on intercarrier messaging, which allows sending text messages directly to any cellular telephone number.
- 'Textese' has India's teachers worried. // South Asian Post;2/14/2013, p12
The article discusses that teachers in India are worried about the prevalence of "texting lingo" in writing exam answer scripts and also mentions the dependence of youth on mobile phones.
- Mobile phones 101. Lipscombe, Gail // Australian PC User;May2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p132
Features several Web sites concerning mobile telephones. Web sites that provide free ringtones and logos; Web pages that provide mobile phone etiquette; Web sites for text messaging jargon.
- Wireless carriers try to hook Americans on texting. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/4/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 28, p15B
Focuses on the popularity of cellular telephone text messaging in Europe and Asia. Revenue generated by short messaging service; Struggle of carriers to get the interest of Americans in text messaging; Blame thrown by carriers to differing technologies for the barrier.
- YOU DECIDE! // Weekly Reader News Edition 4-6;11/05/2010, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p7
This section presents a reader's problem regarding receiving mean text messages and what she could do about it.
- Too Much Texting? Hahn, Laura // Good Housekeeping;Dec2009, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p127
The article presents facts and information related to texting among children.
- Twas the season to be merry. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
Reports the impact of the Christmas season to the success of short messaging system (SMS) in Hong Kong, China. Details on the use of mobile phones in the holiday season; Number of messages sent through Comverse; Discussions on the joint ventures between Telstra and PCCW.