A Garden's Bounty
- Socioeconomic impacts of water farming on rural areas of origin in Arizona. Charney, Alberta H.; Woodard, Gary C. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1193
Examines the socioeconomic impacts of water farming on rural areas of origin in Arizona. Water farm characteristics; Distribution of employment effects among economic sectors; Estimated economic impacts of retiring agricultural land.
- Space station farmer, how does your garden grow? Krumenaker, Larry // Odyssey;Mar93, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p25
Features hydroponics and its applications to growing food in space. Findings of an experimental garden maintained by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) Controlled Ecological Life Support Systems (CELSS) Center; Information Earth farmers can use; Problems of applying...
- Hydroponic harvest. // National Geographic World;Jul88, Issue 155, p20
List of needed equipment and seven steps to growing an indoor hydroponic garden--growing plans in water.
- Feed your hydroponics. Kenyon, Stewart // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar93, Issue 136, p34
Focuses on what to feed your hydroponic plants and how to avoid nutrient deficiencies. Homemade nutrients; Essential elements; Nutrient formula; How to make formula adjustments; Water supply; Nutrient deficiency symptoms; Carbon dioxide enrichment; Excerpted from the author's `Hydroponics for...
- Hydroponic growing techniques. Shepherd, Brent // Flower & Garden;Mar1993, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p58
Offers a look at hydroponic growing techniques. Complement to traditional outdoor gardening; Manufactured systems; Models available; Soil replacement; Different nutrients; Distilled water; Advantages; Artificial light; Where to find the suppliers; Costs; Name and address for more information;...
- Old MacDonald has a farm. Field, R. // Discover;Dec88, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p46
Describes the farming techniques used by PhytoFarm, a `controlled-environment' vegetable factory in DeKalb, Ill. Combines hydroponics and electricity to produce gourmet greens and herbs without the aid of the sun. Production rates; Water efficient; How the plant operates; No pesticide use;...
- Hydroponic gardening. Collett, R. // Flower & Garden;Apr89, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p70
Explains hydroponic gardening. Growing media; Nutrient solution; Selecting and preparing containers; Planting; Types of vegetables. INSET: F&G's own hydroponic experiment..
- Homestead hydroponics. Schoenstein, Gil // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p32
Discusses gardening hydroponically. Definition of hydroponics; Benefits of hydroponics; Features of Earth Juice, the sterile medium of hydroponics; High intensity discharge lights and light movers.
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...