Medical Apps Could Fill Paging Rx
- Doctors Get Healthy Dose Of Wireless. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the practice of physicians in the United States equipped with a pager and a wireless telephone. How the device has improved the way they manage patients and practices; Benefits offered by the efforts aimed at reinventing health care to wireless developers.
- Metrocall offers messaging management tool. // RCR;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p19
Announces the commercial availability of the proprietary Integrated Resource Management System of Metrocall Inc. Benefits for corporate users; Product features.
- WirelessMD teams with PayMD.com. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p42
Informs that WirelessMD and PayMD.com have teamed to deliver a solution that will allow physicians to access claims information from wireless handheld devices.
- InPhonic to use Metrocall networking capabilities. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Announces InPhonic Inc.'s agreement to use Metrocall Inc.'s wireless data and messaging applications for Research in Motion Ltd. and Motorola TalkAbout T900 devices.
- Metrocall inks Philadelphia contract. // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the competitive bid process won by Metrocall Inc. to deliver wireless communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Hands-free. // Wireless Asia;5/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Describes a prototype of the Mind Switch which enables control of devices through measuring signals from the brain. Inclusion of an electrode head cap that sends commands through a wireless messaging system to a personal computer; Areas of application.
- Size Matters. Little, Matthew J. // Products Finishing;Aug2002, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p10
Presents an article about the development of small wireless communication devices. Initial problem with small wireless devices; Advantages of smaller devices.
- Programmable switching: The flexible foundation. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/4/96 Supplement PCS Edge, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p22
Presents information on programmable switches. Cost price to deploy a major switch; How programmable switched are marketed; Effects on the wireless industry.
- Manufacturers readying equipment for OC-192 speed. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;2/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p22
Introduces the OC-192 wireless communication transmission over fiber at 9.953 Gbps. Interest in the OC-192 transmission gear by regional Bell operating companies (RBOCs); Superiority to the traditional OC-48 (2.448 Gbps); Deployment of 10 Gbps by MCI Communications Corp.; 10 Gbps transmission...