Connecting Shoppers To Data
- Bolton boss joins helpline. // PRWeek (London);7/10/2009, p10
The article announces the appointment of Helen Wood as head of marketing and communications at Get Connected.
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- GetConnected Names Beyond AOR. Mack, Ann M. // MediaWeek;04/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p98
Reports that GetConnected.com, a site that offers consumers a comparison shopping for connectivity purposes has hired Beyond Interactive as its interactive agency of record. Remarks from GetConnected.com president Sasha Novakovich; Background information on GetConnected; Overview of the...
- GetConnected.com Pitches Partnerships. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p24
Reports on United States-based GetConnected Inc.'s promotion of its Web site, which allows consumers to compare prices and packages for telecommunications services. Partnerships with service providers; Future plans.
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.
- Opinion: Wireless Ads Excel In Style. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on the challenges faced by wireless companies in attracting the attention of its customers through advertising. Features of advertising campaigns that should be considered by wireless companies; Method that help companies attract customers.