Need An Answer? Just Ask
- Speaking Of Voice Portals... Charski, Mindy // Inter@ctive Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p67
Provides information on voice portals. How BeVocal brands itself; Companies targeted by Tellme Networks; Deal of Quack.com with Lycos.
- Winning The Internet War. Jain, Naveen // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p37
Deals with the plan of wireless carriers in competing with Web networks. Approach that carriers can consider on their plan; Purpose of establishing Web portals; Portal services to consider.
- SHOUTING AT THE NET. Ploskina, Brian // Interactive Week;2/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on the voice portals technology offered by wireless providers for browsing the wireless Web. List of companies developing the technology; Incorporation of speech recognition in the interface; Comments from Amol Joshi, co-founder of BeVocal company.
- 2Roam adds voice support. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p27
Reports that 2Roam Inc. has added voice support to its wireless platform using the Voice Application Network from Tellme Network Inc. Purpose of the move.
- Vendors talk up the potential of voice portals. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;05/29/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the voice portal technologies that will be launched by several vendors in the United States. Features of Nuance 7.0 software from Nuance Communications; Total amount of money invested by AT&T to Tellme Networks; Significance of the AT&T investment to Tellme; Details on the voice...
- Hopes Rise for Off-Portal Content. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;7/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p33
Deals with the efforts of U.S. wireless operators to tap the off-portal content marketing channel by collaborating with brands and content firms in 2005. Impact of the evolution of open portals on brands and content firms; Introduction by Nellymoser Inc. of its Asao 2.0 platform; Partnership of...
- Talking to the Internet. Stone, Brad // Newsweek;4/24/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 17, p69
Reports on the increasing number of start-up companies called voice portals, that are using voice-recognition technology and combining it with features of a Web portal. Tellme, BeVocal and Quack.com, which use the rapidly evolving field of speech recognition; Investors in Tellme, including...
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p5
Presents news briefs on wireless communication systems companies as of April 9, 2001. Number of employees laid off by TellMe Networks Inc.; Revenue posted by Chadmore Wireless Group Inc. for the year ended December 31, 2000; License agreement granted by Qualcomm to Westech Korea Inc.
- sounding the call for Voice and Data. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p28
Interviews Amol Joshi, vice president of marketing at BeVocal Inc., about how the market for speech products and how BeVocal fits into the wireless Internet. Joshi's vision of the wireless Internet; His view on voice in/voice out and data in/data out; Role location services play in BeVocal's...