Leap Reports Better-Than-Expected Earnings
- Leap 4Q follows estimates. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p24
Provides information on the 2001 fourth-quarter results of Leap Wireless International. Number of net subscribers added by Leap to its Cricket service offering for the quarter; Increase in operating revenues; Drop in consolidated net loss; Average revenue per user during the quarter.
- Leap Sets Earnings Bar High For 2002. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p10
Reports the financial performance of Leap Wireless International Inc. in 2001. Revenue posted by the company in 2001; Plan of the company to renegotiate some of its agreements; Factors attributed to the financial performance of the company.
- Leaps reports 1Q results. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p24
Reports on the earnings of Leap Wireless International Inc. for the first quarter of 2001. Details on the performance of the company; Factors which affected the performance of the company.
- Moving Beyond Subscriber Metrics. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p21
Looks at the first-quarter financial results of telecommunications firms for 2002. Projected customer growth of Sprint PCS and Leap Wireless International Inc.; Factor attributed to the sales growth of Verizon Wireless Inc. in March; Outlook of analysts on the telecommunications market's prospects.
- Leap reports smaller net loss, customer additions drop. // RCR Wireless News;11/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p16
Reports on the revenues posted by Leap Wireless International Inc. for the third quarter of 2002. Drop in the net losses of the company for 2002 compared to 2001; Reason for the decrease in customer additions by the company; Initiatives introduced to drive down customer churn and increase revenues.
- Small Carriers Expand, Market By Market. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the growth of several small wireless carriers. Additional subscribers attracted by Leap Wireless International Inc.; Flat-rate local wireless service introduced by Leap; Corporate profits posted by other small carriers.
- Carriers' Strategies Paying Off. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p3
Reports the financial performance of wireless carriers in the U.S. in 2001. Nextel Communications Inc.; Leap Wireless International Inc.; AT&T Wireless.
- Leap posts first income since exiting bankruptcy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/20/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the increase in income posted by Leap Wireless International Inc. for the first quarter of 2005 after its bankruptcy. Reason behind the delayed release of the report on the financial performance of the company for the quarter; Causes of the year-over-year shortfall of the company;...
- Leap reports rise in revenue, but drop in customers. // RCR Wireless News;11/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the profit posted by Leap Wireless International Inc. for the third quarter of 2004. Factors affecting the increase in revenue; Decline in net customer additions; Information on the average revenue per user.