Modulations in Respiratory and Laryngeal Activity Associated With Changes in Vocal Intensity During Speech
- Transmission of complex sound signals in the human respiratory system as a function of sound velocity in the utilized gas mixture. Korenbaum, V.; D'yachenko, A.; Nuzhdenko, A.; Lopatkin, N.; Tagil'tsev, A.; Kostiv, A. // Acoustical Physics;Nov2011, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p872
The previously revealed effect of the simultaneous existence of two sound transmission paths in human lungs is confirmed on an expanded sampling of 25 people for three different types of sounding signals during respiration of three gas mixtures. The obtained dependences of sounding signal...
- Mohs Chemosurgery for Local Control of Giant Recurrent Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Yuki Tomisawa; Satoshi Ogasawara; Masahiro Kashiwaba; Toru Inaba; Yuichiro Takeda; Yoshihiko Sugimura; Gen Hatakeyama; Hiroshi Asahi; Go Wakabayashi // Thyroid;Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p657
Background:Papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) generally has a good prognosis but may have an aggressive course, particularly in the elderly. Standard treatment consists of radioactive iodine and thyrotropin suppression with superphysiological doses of thyroid hormone. Other modalities are less...
- laryngotracheal. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1301
A definition of the term "laryngotracheal" which refers to the larynx and trachea is presented.
- Predictive value of the El-Ganzouri multivariate risk index for difficult tracheal intubation: a comparison of Glidescope(R) videolaryngoscopy and conventional Macintosh laryngoscopy. P. Cortellazzi; L. Minati; C. Falcone; M. Lamperti; D. Caldiroli // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Dec2007, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p906
Background The predictive value of the El-Ganzouri risk index (EGRI) for difficult intubation has been evaluated using Macintosh laryngoscopy as reference standard. The GlidescopeÂ® videolaryngoscope provides improved visualization of the glottis. We studied the predictive value of the EGRI...
- Getting the rhythm. Coates, Budd; Bean, Adam // Runner's World;May95, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p40
Suggests that changing the breathing pattern while running may help prevent certain injuries for runners. Discussion of runners who always get injured on the same side of their bodies; The `three-two' method of breathing; The `two-one' method.
- The self journal. Farhi, Donna // Self;Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p51
Highlights the book `The Breathing Book,' which was written by Robert Fried. Fried's views on the effects of holding one's breath on one's physiology; Average number of times humans inhale and exhale daily. INSET: Catching your breath..
- Modified Laryngotracheoplasty for Surgical Management of Chronic Laryngotracheal Stenosis is Adults. Panda, Naresh K.; Mann, Sher Baj Singh // Journal of Otolaryngology;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p241
Describes a modified technique of laryngotracheoplasty for surgical management of chronic laryngotracheal stenosis in adults. Excision of scar tissue; Reconstruction of laryngotracheal mucosa; Posterior cricoid split with thyroid cartilage grafting; Insertion of silicone stent; Laterization...
- FUNCTIONAL TREATMENT OF A LARGE LARYNGEAL CHONDROSARCOMA BY TRACHEAL AUTOTRANSPLANTATION. Delaere, Pierre R.; Vertriest, Rudolp; Hermans, Robert // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Aug2003, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p678
Focuses on functional treatment of a large laryngeal chondrosarcoma of the cricoid cartilage by tracheal autotransplantation. Procedures involved in tracheal autotransplantation; Resection of the tumor; Case report of a 53-year-old woman with hoarseness.
- LARYNGOTRACHEAL GROWTH FOLLOWING CRICOTRACHEAL RESECTION COMBINED WITH LAMINOTOMY. Weidenbecher, Mark; Amann, Kerstin; Iro, Heinrich // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Aug2003, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p697
Focuses on laryngotracheal growth following cricotracheal resection (CTR) combined with laminotomy. Effectiveness of CTR in the treatment of pediatric subglottic stenosis; Effects of CTR with simultaneous posterior cricoid division and CTR with simultaneous partial resection of the lamina.