Dispatch Radio Leery Of NeoWorld Deal
- Geotek sale delayed--again. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the delay in the bankruptcy sale of Geotek Communications Inc.'s 900 MHz mobile radio licenses. Evaluation of bulk bids for the licenses as reason for the delay; Nextel Communications Inc. as among the bidders.
- Nextel Stocks Up On 900 News. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the licenses of Geotek Communications Inc. which will be transferred to Nextel Communications Inc. Reason for the transfer of the licenses.
- Geotek licenses up for grabs today. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the bankruptcy auction of Geotek Communications Inc.'s 900 MHz specialized mobile radio licenses in the United States in January 1999. Individual and bulk bidders for the licenses; Reason for Nextel's inability to bid in the Geotek auction.
- Geotek licenses may be back on block. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
Presents an update on developments related to bankrupt Geotek Communications Inc. Decision on what to do with specialized mobile radio (SMR) licenses Geotek was planning to sell to Nextel Communications Inc. before a federal judge banned the sale; Antitrust problems on the Nextel deal; Interest...
- Creditors Itching To Liquidate. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the financial status of telecommunication company Geotek Communications Inc. Plans to sell the company's spectrum due to bankruptcy; Negotiation with Nextel on the purchase of the spectrum; Prospective buyers of the spectrum; Petition filed by the Alliance for Radio Competition.
- Nextel sues to lift decree; bankruptcy judge approves Geotek spectrum sale. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
Informs about a Wilmington, Delaware-based bankruptcy court's approval of Nextel Communications Inc.'s purchase of Geotek Communication Inc.'s 191 dispatch radio licenses. Expected debate over whether a United States 1995 antitrust consent decree should be vacated or enforced; Nextel's suit to...
- Judge relaxes rules to give Nextel access to 900 MHz. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1
Reports on a federal judge's approval of an antitrust settlement between the United States Justice Department and Nextel Communications Inc. Nextel's acquisition of dispatch radio licenses in 14 major markets; Company's plan to purchase the bankrupt Geotek Communication Inc.'s wireless assets.
- wireless HISTORY. // RCR Wireless News;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p26
The article recalls a report on the decision of the U.S. Department of Justice to block Nextel Communications Inc. from bidding on licenses held by bankrupt Geotek Communications Inc. in December 1998.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
Presents news briefs on wireless telecommunication industry as of January 15, 2001. Transfer of licenses of Geotek Communications Inc. to Nextel Communications company; Reason of NTT DoCoMo company for selling its shares in AT&T Wireless Services company; Agreement between GSM Association and...