Software Could Vanquish Army-sized Problems
- Major vendor cooperation yields network-management interoperability. Tellabs, Jeff Schmitz // Lightwave;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p74
Discusses the network-management layer-element-management layer (NML-EML) interface, a solution proposed by the industry group, the TeleManagement Forum (TMF) in resolving network management issues in the telecommunications industry. Factors compounding the difficulty in managing the equipment...
- The role of standards and mainstream enterprise technologies in OSS transformation. Lalande, Philippe // Journal of Telecommunications Management;2008, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p392
Unless the converged communications, media, entertainment and web industry is eventually dominated worldwide by a handful of de facto monopolies, there will not be efficient service and business management systems without standards. At the intersection of telecommunications and enterprise IT...
- Six degrees of preparation. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;10/16/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 16, p48
Discusses the importance of interoperability testing for telecommunication companies. How to accomplish interoperability; Information on the Multiservice Switching Forum and the International Switch Consortium; Interoperability certification and compatibility programs offered by companies;...
- DSL: Teaching the Choir a New Song. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2004, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p21
Reports on an educational demonstration of digital subscriber line (DSL) technology in a home network prepared by Laurie Gonzalez for the DSL Forum during the SUPERCOMM. DSL support for various applications that only other broadband technologies were supposed to support; Demonstration program.
- International: Prague to Host Conference on Public Finance in `New Europe'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p5
Highlights a conference in Prague, Czech Republic to be held on April 15 and 16, 2002 on the development of sub-sovereign finance in Europe. Sponsors of the conference; Topics to be discussed in the conference; Some of the persons expected to attend the conference.
- Advice day on German fairs. // Marketing Event;Jun2001, p10
Announces the workshop for companies planning to exhibit at German trade shows that will take place on June 28, 2001. Focus of the workshop; Topics covered at the workshop.
- Journos to facilitate tax forum. Stewart, Tim // Money Management;9/8/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p10
The article offers information on the October Tax Forum of the government to be held in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory from October 4-5, 2011.
- Forum on Industrial and Applied Physics Takes Off. Connell, Neville // Industrial Physicist;Jul1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p34
No abstract available.
- Developing construction markets not restricted to Asia. // Asian Business Review;Apr97, p54
Focuses on a two-day forum on May 1 and 2, 1997 in Perth, called `Catching the Tide,' hosted by the Institution of Engineers. Major aspects to be undertaken in the forum; Objectives of the forum; Speakers in the event.