Virgin Races To Declare Itself Winner In Global Branding Wars
- Halo Becomes Albatross For Virgin. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p16
Focuses on the marketing strategy of wireless telephone company Virgin Mobile. How business tycoon Richard Branson conceptualized the strategy; Substance of Virgin's marketing plan; Reaction of customers to Virgin's pricing plan.
- NTL moves for Virgin Mobile to boost quad-play credentials. // MarketWatch: Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p22
The article reports that NTL Inc. has indicated its intention to enter the quad-play market after offering to pay $1.42 billion for Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd., the fifth largest mobile operator in Great Britain. British entrepreneur and largest shareholder of Virgin Mobile Sir Richard Branson...
- Can Virgin Extend Its Virtual Reach? HALPER, MARK // Fortune International (Europe);11/11/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p12
Discusses Richard Branson's plans to buy the Finnish mobile unit of Telia, the state-owned Swedish telecom. Plans of Telia to merge with Sonera of Finland; Why Branson is interested; Background on his British company Virgin Mobile; Competition; Comments of Branson.
- Possible float for Virgin Mobile. // New Media Age;1/15/2004, p2
Reports on the plan of Virgin Mobile to launch an initial public offering in the second half of 2004. Performance of the company in Great Britain, Australia and United States; Comments from Richard Branson, chairman of the Virgin Group.
- This week. // Marketing (00253650);12/14/2005, p5
The article cites several news briefs related to business that appeared in different British newspapers. According to a news published in the newspaper "The Times," Primark Corp. is to open its first flagship store, on London, England's Oxford Street. According to another news that appeared in...
- New NTL offer brings Virgin back to table. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/17/2006, Vol. 392 Issue 36, p18
The article reports that the prospects of a takeover of mobile phone group Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd. by leading British cable operator NTL Inc. took a step forward on Monday after the two sides said they were again in merger talks following an improved offer from NTL. The Virgin Mobile...
- Private vices, public clowning. Molony, David // Total Telecom Magazine;Jan2006, p7
The article comments on the shift of private equity investors to the telecommunication industry. Marco de Benedetti, former CEO of Telecom Italia Mobile, is now the managing director and head of the Italian buyout group of Carlyle Group. The move of the private equity sector to the industry will...
- Is a spoof a clever homage or just a lazy rip-off? Gardner, Rachel // Campaign;8/29/2003, Issue 35, p12
The company Adland was witness to a new example of spoof advertising this week as of August 29, 2003 with release of 'Red Academy' of the company Virgin Mobile. The viral offering created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is a tongue-in-check imitation of Mother's high-profile Orange 'learn'...
- DIGESTS. // Marketing Week;8/7/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p13
Reports business development in Great Britain as of August 2003. Promotion of Simon George as director of music and marketing at Sky Digital music channel; Sponsor of Toyota Avensis on Smooth Classics at 7 on Classic FM; Withdrawal of advertising plan of Virgin Mobile from the News...