E-signatures Slated To Boost E-commerce
- E-Commerce Rules Expected Soon For Philippines Government Agencies. // CardLine;12/25/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 52, p32
The article offers information on the soon to be released e-commerce rules for government agencies in the Philippines. As stated, the rules will govern the usage of alternative electronic devices like mobile phones to pay taxes. An official at the Department of Trade and Industry said that the...
- Law Commission proposes e-commerce law. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec1999, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p92
Focuses on the New Zealand Law Commission's report `Electronic Commerce Part Two: A Basic Legal Framework' which calls on the country to enact an electronic commerce law. Provisions of the proposed legislation.
- Internet firms awaken to growing tax threat. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p4
Presents information on the efforts of New York State's on-line media companies to support Congress and the administration of Governor George Pataki, to impose a moratorium on Internet commerce levies in the United States. Reference to the group of governors and mayors led by Utah Governor...
- Electronic commerce -- the new frontier. Olivier, Roland E. // Business NH Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p31
Discusses the electronic commerce as the modern frontier for product marketing and focuses on the legal issues associated with online transactions. Commercial opportunities in the internet and the world wide web; How business transactions occur through computer networks; Legal issues raised by...
- Statement on Congressional Action on the `Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.'. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/12/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p1314
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton, on June 8, 2000, which deals with the Congressional action on the electronic signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.
- Bundestag verabschiedet ButtonlÃ¶sung. Reinhold, Kirsten // Textilwirtschaft;3/8/2012, Issue 10, p37
The article announces a German law related to the labeling of order buttons on the internet.
- Online industry steels itself for DCMS report. Shearman, Sarah // Marketing (00253650);4/13/2011, p3
The article offers information on the online regulation law recommended by the European Union (EU) and the Department for Culture, Media, and Sport (DCMS) effective on May 25, 2011 in Great Britain.
- Curtain opens on E-com initiative. Thompson, Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
Announces that Ohio state and business leaders will unveil the ECom-Ohio initiative on September 21, 1999. Function of the program to assess the state's readiness for global electronic commerce; Co-chairmen of the committee overseeing the initiative; Growth of electronic commerce.
- Signing contracts in the electronic age. Paltzik, David // Inside Tucson Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p5
Focuses on the enactment of the Arizona Electronic Transactions Act. Relevance of the legislation to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act; Significance of the legislation to electronic commerce; Functions of the legislation in...