Score One For Paging
- Paging firms challenge auction rules. // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p22
Reports that a group of small- and medium-sized wireless firms is challenging the United States Federal Communications Commission's paging auction rules in the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Paging auction delayed to February. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p8
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) postponed its paging services auction to February 24, 2000, from the previous December 7, 1999 schedule. Positive reaction of the Personal Communications Industry Association to the delay; Potential legal issues that could...
- BILL WOULD HAVE FCC SET RELIABILITY STANDARDS. Jordahl, Gregory; Burgess, Angela // IEEE Software;Jan92, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p86
Focuses on a legislative bill designed to make the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) directly responsible for promoting and protecting the reliability of the nation's telecommunication network. Reason given by West Virginia Representative Robert Wise in introducing the bill;...
- Shooshan proposes one-man band at FCC. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;3/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 13, p19
Reports on the suggestion that Federal Communications Commission commissioners be replaced with a czar in light of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 in the United States. Details on the proposal by Harry Shooshan.
- FCC asked to go easy on captioning. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;3/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 13, p22
Reports that broadcasters and cable programers in the United States are asking the Federal Communications Commission to be lenient with the Telecommunication Act's closed-captioning clauses. What the act requires of the commission; Broadcasters' views on captioning; Costs of captioning.
- Rule reform. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 13, p97
Focuses on the United States Federal Communications Commission's review of a proposal to implement the cable reform provisions of the 1996 Telecommunications Act. Requirements of the act.
- Dateline Washington. Coorsh, Richard // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the action of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in controlling companies that provides call-back telephone services. Advantage of call-back services; How technology can make sanctions against call-back obsolete.
- Less is more: Pondering the role of the FCC. Patrick, Dennis R. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul96, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p27
Tells how the Federal Communications Commission can reduce or eliminate its regulatory intervention on several areas. Private contracts; Computer inquiry rules; Local exchange services; Universal service; Radio spectrum management.
- Telecom Act Celebrates Five While Critics Call For Reform. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the fifth anniversary of the Telecommunications Act of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Purpose of passing the act; Criticism on the law; Discussions on the failure of the telecommunication act.