Moving Crimes: Bans In Court
- `Driving while black'. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p6
States that the North Carolina House has passed a legislation that requires state troopers to record the age, race and gender of the motorists they stop. Aim of the legislation; Reason of the opponents of the bill.
- Gov. Pataki has bill to increase available limits for UM/SUM coverages to $250,000/$500,000. // Insurance Advocate;08/09/97, Vol. 108 Issue 31, p10
Focuses on the bill permitting motorists in New York to purchase uninsured motorist coverage up to limits of $250,000 instead of $100,000. Sponsors of the bill; Benefits of the bill to motorists.
- DPS announces indigency rule for Driver Responsibility. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/24/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that proposed new rules have been published by the Texas Department of Public Safety to address the impact of the state's Driver Responsibility Program (DRP) to low-income individuals.
- Make whose day? // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov97, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the enactment of a Louisiana law that grants motorists the right to shoot or kill carjackers.
- Luxembourg makes winter tyres a legal requirement. // European Rubber Journal;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 193 Issue 5, p0012
The article reports that Luxembourg-based police will impose a fine to drivers who will be caught without winter tyres from October 1, 2012.
- Drivers 'blind to legal vision standards.'. Moss, Robina // Optometry Today;7/13/2012, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p7
The article reports on an online survey conducted by global insurer RSA which found that 90% of the 1,000 drivers in Great Britain were unable to identify the main legal minimum requirement for car and motorbike users.
- Revoke Driver Privacy Act. // Editor & Publisher;09/27/97, Vol. 130 Issue 39, p6
Talks about the decision of two federal judges to stop the enforcement of the Drivers' Privacy Protection Act in Oklahoma and South Carolina. Tenth amendment flaws of the law; Use of Princess Diana's death to justify anti-press laws; Criticism against the law.
- Govt U-turn on young drivers. Glbbs, Nick // Auto Express;7/9/2014, Issue 1327, p16
The article reports that the idea of placing safety restrictions on newly qualified young automobile drivers has been abandoned by the British government.
- Mich. governor moving step beyond verbal threshold proposes new law to end `pain and suffering'... // Insurance Advocate;05/17/97, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on Michigan's proposed `Driver Safety and Lawsuit Protection Plan,' which would prohibit lawsuits for non-economic damages resulting from automobile accidents. Estimated insurance premium reductions resulting from the law; Political aspects of the law.