Touching All The Bases
- CINGULAR AND AT&T MERGER WILL COST CONSUMER
$5BILLIION/YR. // RBOC Update;Jul2004, pN.PAG
Suggests that the proposed merger of Cingular and AT&T Wireless will raise wireless prices in 2004, according to a study by the Phoenix Center. Enhancement of the market dominance of the Regional Bell Operating Cos.; Other study findings; Background on Phoenix Center.
- Netro takes over Project Angel assets, people. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the purchase of the fixed-wireless system project of AT&T Wireless Services Group by Netro Corp. in 2002. Value of the project; Background on the project; Reasons for the failure of AT&T to accomplish the project.
- Cingular banks on AWS with $41B buy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the expectations on the acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (AWS) by Cingular Wireless L.L.C. Impact of the acquisition on its competitors as well as companies with ties to AWS or Cingular; Comparison between subscribers of AWS and Cingular Wireless; Challenges faced by...
- AT&T, Cingular Merger Speculation Crops Up Again. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the alleged merger negotiations between U.S. wireless operators Cingular Wireless and AT& T Wireless. Benefits of the potential merger; Reasons for the companies having been cited as likely merger partners; Views on the potential consolidation.
- How do two wireless giants become one? Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/18/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p1
Forecasts the advantages and disadvantages of the possible acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. by Cingular Wireless L.L.C. Projection on the completion of the planned network integration; Possibility for Cingular to decide on marketing and rate plan integration; Challenges to be faced by...
- Network Upgrades At AWS. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p35
Reports on the network upgrades at AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) as of October 4, 1999. Remarks from Jordan Roderick, executive vice president of wireless technology and products at AWS; Alliance between AWS and British Telecommunications PLC; Goal of the alliance.
- AT&T Wireless, U.S. Cellular swap spectrum. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the efforts of U.S. wireless carriers to solidify their spectrum positions without the financial baggage associated with acquiring a competitor as of March 17, 2003. Significance of the deal between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and U.S. Cellular Corp.; Implications of the deal for...
- SINGLES MATCH UP. // Wireless Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the plan of wireless carrier Cingular to acquire AT&T Wireless in 2004. Bid price of Cingular for AT&T; Implications for other carriers and vendors if the merger is approved by U.S. regulators.
- Shared Networks Still In Vogue But Evolving. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on a network sharing agreement between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC. Implications of the agreement for the consolidation of the companies; Reasons behind the decision of Cingular to merge with At&T Corp.; Benefits of sharing agreements between wireless network...
- While Vodafone slept. Schnee, Victor; Tumolillo, Allan // America's Network;4/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p24
This article focuses on issues concerning the failure of the Vodafone company to acquire the AT and T Wireless company. The challenge for the company is to deliver on its vision to be the world's mobile communications leader offering branded, end-to-end services relying on a global footprint and...