Mobile Service Gets Personal
- Cell-Loc's shares soar more than 800%. Byfield, Mike // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/21/97, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p20
Reports on Cell-Loc Inc. in Calgary, Alberta. Share price increase since April of 1997, at which time the company went public; Details of its product technology, which pinpoints the location from which a wireless or cellular call has been placed; Implications of the technology; How the company...
- Geoworks launches Mobile Site service. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p15
Reports on Geoworks Corp.'s launching of its Mobile Site service.
- Geoworks premieres Discopro.Com. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p25
Features Geoworks Inc.'s Discopro.com free mobile information service for wireless communications users in the United States. Companies participating in the service; Types of content services offered by the company through its program.
- Nokia, Geoworks expand partnership. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p8
Informs on the agreement of Geoworks Corp. and Nokia Corp. to expand Geoworks' role as development partner to Nokia. Companies' collaboration in the development of advanced mobile technology.
- Cell-Loc to begin testing in Calgary. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p26
Annouces that Cell-Loc Incorporated a provider of cellular telephone location technology will begin testing their Cellocate-Analog Mobile Phone Services product in Calgary, Alberta. Description of the product; Comments from Cell Loc; How long the testing is expected to last.
- Spinning Off And Tracking Down. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the plans of Cell-Loc Inc. of Calgary, Alberta to launch its wireless location technology in the United States through its spin-off Times Three. Design of the company's Cellocate triangulation technology; Contention of Times Three on its location-based services; Expected revenue from...
- Cell-Loc tries to stay afloat. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the decision of location technology and telecommunication services provider Cell-Loc Inc. to restructure its business plan and to streamline its operations.
- Cell-Loc Finds New Path To Profitability. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on the retreat of Cell-Loc Inc. from plans to roll out its network-based services in several United States markets through a spinoff. Details on its strategy aimed to reduce operational costs, realign business plan and retreat from buildouts; Other incidents wherein the firm changed its...
- Cell-Loc announces financing plan. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the plan of location technology and services provider Cell-Loc Inc. for an initial public offering. Number of stocks to be offered in the Toronto Stock Exchange; Reason for the amendment of the financing; Factors influencing the move for an IPO; Trading of the company's stock.